To develop, administer and provide effective leadership of a comprehensive Student Ministry (grades 7-12). This will include worship, fellowship, discipleship and outreach. The Student Ministry exists for the purpose of connecting unconnected students with
the love of Christ, growing students in Christ-likeness, while releasing them to share the love of Christ freely with all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, develop and execute a Student Ministry consistent with the vision and values of Chapin UMC.
- Recruit, equip, communicate with and support Student Ministry Volunteers.
- Plan and conduct dynamic worship, Bible study, fellowship, and outreach activities to enrich the overall spiritual well being of our students.
- Through contagious ministry activities, strive to increase the number of unconnected students in the community who are connecting with the CUMC student ministry.
- Communicate student activities and functions to the church body and community.
- Provide Student Ministry leadership in special seasonal activities such Confirmation Class, Camps, Retreats, and other events as planned.
- Manage and maintain the Student Ministry budget.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Minister or Operations Minister
- A strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church; become a member of CUMC upon hiring.
- An undergraduate degree in education, Christian Ministry/Leadership or equivalent experience.
- Good communication skills; team player; enthusiasm.
- Ability to identify with today’s students, their concerns, desires and issues.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to submit to appropriate background checks.
Total compensation will range between $58,000 - $66,000 depending on demonstrated skill and experience. Compensation includes the following: Base Salary, Health Insurance, Continuing Education, Reimbursable Expenses and up to a 4% match into a 403b Retirement
Plan after one year of service.