Part-time Senior Pastor who is a servant leader, with vision and experience in reaching people far from God in a multicultureal or Filipno suburban setting. He will have a passion to raise up new leaders, and the ability to motivate others to go and make
disciples as Jesus has commanded us. He will have the ability to think strategically about opportunities and challenges to grow the ministry
Church Description and Community Overview
We are a 5 year old congregation of about 40-50 people. We are a community-oriented and mission-focused congregation with a mix of traditional and contemporary worship. We value and promote the virtue of a strong Christ-centered family life. Our members are
predominantly Filipinos but we welcome all people who seek a faith-led life and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Trinity Grace Christian Church is currently located in Lisle, Illinois where we rent facilities at Faith United Methodist Church (Lisle). We use the site for Sunday afternoon services, Wednesday prayer meetings, and occasional Saturday planning meetings. The
Village of Lisle is a wonderful place to live, work, or visit. It is a welcoming, business-friendly community that is diversified, rich with resources and home to 22,390. The village is about 40 miles southwest of Chicago.
Job Qualifications and Position Overview
We are looking for a part-time Senior Pastor with the following characteristics.
- Must meet the New Testament requirements as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Must have a Biblical beliefs consistent with the Converge Affirmation of Faith.
- Must have a demonstrated passion for God’s work, and genuine calling to serve in the ministry.
- Must have demonstrated heart and skills for reaching out to unchurched people
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead, teach, preach, counsel, motivate, disciple.
- Must have strong communication skills (both personally and in the pulpit) as a listener and speaker.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Bible, Pastoral Ministry, or related field, from a reputable institution of learning.
- Must be able to relate and work well with both the youth and adult groups of the church
- Experience and/or a heart for reaching the Filipino population in the Western Chicago suburbs is preferred.
- Must have at least three to five years’ experience in pastoral work
- Preaching 30-35 times annually
- Developing year-round pulpit preaching schedule with pertinent themes
- Developing and proposing outreach and discipleship strategies
- Administering the sacraments
- Ensuring pastoral care, counseling, and visitation
- Responsible for functioning as one of the church deacons
- Position is estimated to be 20 hours weekly
- Our primary desire is that the new pastor will lead the church in growth so that this can become a full time position