Please review the following position profile for the Executive Director opening. Then visit
www.victorymin.org for a greater feel and understanding of the multi-site camping culture of Victory Ministries of Alaska. Click the following link to download a PDF of this position profile:
If you feel that you may be a fit for this opening then please send the following materials to email@example.com
- Your resume that includes your family information (if applicable)
- Two public speaking samples (sermon, teaching or other presentation)
- Three references
- Intro letter explaining your perceived fit for this role
- A personal or family photo
Thank you for prayerfully considering this opportunity! We are praying for you!
The Board of Directors
Victory Ministries of Alaska
Victory Ministries of Alaksa
Position Focus Sheet for Executive Director
Revised August 17, 2016
The Executive Director of Victory Ministries of Alaska (VMoA) leads VMoA through an Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and executes the communication and fundraising efforts towards the prospective and broader VMoA donor community.
- The Executive Director reports to the Board of Overseers.
- The Executive Director gives leadership and oversight to VMoA through an Executive Leadership Team (ELT) including but not limited to the VMoA Executive Director, Camp Directors and the Finance Director.
- The Executive Director maintains and develops relationships with individual, foundations and corporate donors.
- Lead the ELT in developing an annual strategic plan and S.M.A.R.T. goals that align with VMoA’s longer range objectives.
- Execute a weekly ELT meeting schedule and format that allows for video, telephonic and periodic face to face meetings
- Develop and submit a monthly dashboard to VMoA Board Members
- Ensure that VMoA remains financially solvent
- Works with the Board and ELT in the hiring of any open VMoA Executive Team position
- Works with the Board regarding any staffing changes that may be made to the ELT
- Annually ensures that VMoA’s written policies, procedures, staff handbooks and staff compensation levels are current and adequate
- Works with the ELT and VMoA Board Chair to determine quarterly board meeting agendas
- Promotes, develops and maintains a spirit of unity and collaboration among all of VMoA’s camps
- Annually evaluates the ELT and ensures the annual evaluation of VMoA staff
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan in alignment with VMoA’s objectives and S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Secure financial support from individuals, churches, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of major capital campaigns and oversee staff responsible for donor data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Develop and maintain a monthly VMoA communication piece for alumni, donors and prospective donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for growing a large sustained base of individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Actively follows Jesus Christ and is in full agreement with VMoA’s statement of faith and personnel policies.
- Maintains qualifications for a broad platform of spiritual leadership according to Titus 1:5-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and 1 Peter 5:1-11
- A people person who both enjoys and is energized by working and meeting with others
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Experienced in utilizing CRM tools
- Experienced in donor communication
- Experienced in staff management
- Experienced in organizational leadership and strategic planning
- Quantifiable experience in organizational fundraising
- Team oriented
- Strong oral communication skills for application in various meetings, public speaking, teaching and preaching in churches
- A base salary will be provided
- A commission plan that incentivizes fundraising performance will be negotiated