Collierville United Methodist Church
Director of Children’s Ministries
Report to: Associate Pastor
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under the direct supervision of the Associate Pastor this position provides programs and activities that meet the spiritual needs and help the children of Collierville UMC through the
fifth grade grow in their discipleship of Jesus Christ. Deals with a diverse group of members and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the church. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workloads.
- Provide overall direction and administration for all the children’s ministries of CUMC.
- Plan and be responsible for all structured children’s ministry activities, including but not limited to Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Provide direction for all special events for children and their families, including seasonal events such as a Family Easter Event, Fall Festival, and VBS.
- Teaching the Christian faith as understood through the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
- Work collaboratively with other ministry directors for the full benefit of the Church.
- Be responsible for the ongoing recruitment, training, and evaluating of Children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
- Select and approve all curriculum used for Sunday school and other children’s programming.
- Serves as a staff liaison, providing assistance and direction when required for designated ministry committees (COM).
- Be responsible for the compliance of the children’s ministry with regard to safe sanctuaries training and execution.
- Prepares budget requests and monitors expenditures of the children’s ministries.
- Serves and assists with occasional specialized ministry projects as assigned by the Associate Pastor.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Leadership Skills
- Maintenance Skills
This position has supervisory responsibility for the Associate Director of Children’s Ministries and the Children’s Ministries Assistant.
This positon operates in a professional church office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and includes working during programming hours on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree
- 5 years of experience in a similar or related field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.