- Shall be a born again Christian and a member of Chapel Grove Baptist Church. Personal Christian commitment of the highest order should be maintained.
- As a full-time staff member, the Scriptural qualifications for ministers should be considered applicable to the person filling this staff position. (1 Timothy 3)
- Student Minister will be responsible to the Senior Pastor and all grievances shall be directed to the Senior Pastor.
- The position of Student Minister is a full time position, basically interpreted as a 40 hour work week.
- One day off during the week to be agreed upon with the Senior Pastor.
- Chapel Grove Baptist Church is a cooperating Southern Baptist Church. Therefore, doctrinal content of programming and emphasis shall fall within the broad scope of what has been commonly held by Baptists defined by the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- This area of ministry will be coordinated in cooperation with the total ministries of the church. It will contribute to the overall objectives of the church to win the lost to Christ, and to strengthen the believers in their Christian lives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. There may be alternatives to the qualifications
as the Personnel Committee, Student Leadership Team and Ministerial Staff deem appropriate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In the event the Student Minister wishes to resign or the church no longer desires the services, a thirty (30) days’ notice shall be tendered by either party.
- Plan student events, this is up to the discretion of the Student Minister in consultation with the Student Leadership Team as well as the Senior Pastor. The purpose of these events is to reach students and their families.
- Plan and lead a comprehensive student outreach program leading students to a saving faith in Christ and train students in evangelism and discipleship.
- Serve as a counselor to students and make referrals to the Senior Pastor/and or other responsible persons as needed.
- Serve as an advisor and counselor with the Student Leadership Team.
- View the Student Ministry as an integral part of the overall ministry of the church.
- Draw up a Student Ministry Budget each year. Function within the budget of the Student Ministry.
- Work within the framework of the Constitution and By-Laws of Chapel Grove Baptist Church.
- Find leaders to serve in Student Ministry.
- Assist leaders in ordering any materials necessary for Student Ministry.
- A degree from accredited seminary preferred but not required.
- Preferred 1 to 3 years administrative experience but not required.
- Requires passing criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background check.
* The use of the word “Student(s)” refers to: College, Career, and Grades 7th through 12th.
If you have any audio or video files of your teaching/preaching please send them with resume if possible.