K2 The Church is seeking a Technical Director (TD). The TD is responsible for the oversight and operation of all audio, video, and lighting systems as well as all production volunteers. The TD will also recruit, train, and develop volunteers in use of all
major technical systems.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Arts.
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of AVL equipment used for weekend services, midweek programs, and special events
- Provide insight and direction on live production technology trends
- Strive for creativity and innovation in all technical areas
- Continually be growing in leadership knowledge and skill
- Lead post-service evaluations and communicate any changes to the team
- Participate in planning and production meetings for services and events
- Cast vision and manage priorities for weekend volunteer teams
- Recruit and train production volunteers
- Shepherd and disciple production volunteers
- Facilitate the technology needs of all ministry departments
- Build and manage technical budget
- As the leader of the Stage team, design, plan and construct new stage designs regularly
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, purpose statement, and core values of K2 The Church
- Support the leadership of K2, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation
- Complete any other tasks as may be assigned to fulfill the role of Technical Director
Skills Required for Position
- Must have prior experience leading and shepherding a technical ministry of a large church.
- Experience with live and post-production digital audio systems.
- Experience with live broadcast video systems including professional cameras and switchers.
- Experience with programming automated lighting systems.
- Have an understanding of signal flow.
- Make minor equipment and cable repairs.
- Must be able to think quickly and be calm, cool, and collected in situations of high stress.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, communication, administration, and discernment would be of great benefit.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional live production experience.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of live production audio and lighting systems design and operation.
- Demonstrated experience working independently to meet deadlines and accomplish assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated experience training others in technical equipment use.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- In love with the local church and desire to be part of changing the way people think about church.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and be on your feet for long stretches of time.
Competency for Position
Functional/Technical Skills (soldering, cable termination, use of basic hand tools), Drive for Results, Learning on the Fly, Building Effective Teams, Technical Learning, Directing Others, Organizing, and Time Management.