Description: The Minister of Children’s Discipleship at Emmanuel Church will develop and implement a vision for children’s ministry that supports and facilitates the mission and values of Emmanuel Church: www.emmanuelburbank.org The Children’s Minister (CM) will provide spiritual and educational leadership and oversight. The CM will be expected to work with parents, volunteers and staff to facilitate the developmentally appropriate spiritual formation of children.
ORGANIZATIONAL ACCOUNTIBILTY: The Minister of Children’s Discipleship reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
COMPENSATION: The Minister of Children’s Discipleship is a full-time, salaried position. Salary will be established according to church budget, policy, experience and qualifications. Medical benefits, SIMPLE IRA retirement are available for this position.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATION:
- Spiritually mature Christian who has an abiding relationship with Jesus Christ
- Manifest the moral character and godly attributes expected of a person in Christian leadership.
- Maintains a friendly, positive, welcoming attitude towards all.
- Love children and have an ability to relate well with adults and volunteers
- Support the Statement of Faith of Emmanuel Church
- Self-starter with initiative
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team Player
- Good judgment
- Be able to resolve conflicts
- Discretely handle confidential information
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A college degree in a relevant field is preferred. 3 to 5 years previous experience as a director or leader in children’s ministry is required.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS and Skills:
- Ability to demonstrate a current knowledge of child development
- Develop age- appropriate worship, discipleship and outreach programs for children
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to evaluate and implement Christian curriculum and children’s programs
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient computer and technology skills (pc)
- Ability to train and provide ongoing support for lay teachers
- Ability to teach children
- Agree to the standard legal background check required for children’s workers
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: Oversight of Nursery, Early Childhood and K-5 ministries on Sundays as well as mid-week; additional special events for children and families, including but not limited to Vacation Bible School, family camps, etc.; and oversight of childcare for church activities.
- Personal Spiritual maturity and growth
- Be an active contributor to the health of the overall body of our church.
- Serve on the Emmanuel Staff leadership team and attend all meetings, retreats and training.
- Support and practice Emmanuel staff values.
- Develop and implement a vision for Children’s Ministry that supports the mission and values of Emmanuel Church.
- Provide management, training and supervision to all volunteers working under Children’s Ministry.
- Implement and adhere to all State and Federal requirements regarding children in church.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures that ensure a healthy and safe environment for children.
- Develop clear job descriptions and expectations for all positions in Children’s Ministry.
- Recruit teachers and volunteers for Children’s Ministry.
- Train teachers and volunteers for Children’s Ministry.
- Facilitate all schedules and procedures for children’s ministry.
- Evaluate, select and implement appropriate curriculum material and programs.
- Facilitate appropriate supervision for all CM programs and activities.
- Develop and adhere to budgets for Children’s Ministry.
- Lead an ongoing ministry evaluation that includes, but is not limited to, parents of kids involved in Children’s Ministries.
- Integrate well with other ministries, both youth and adult
- Reach out and connect with new families and their children
- Facilitate supplies and equipment ordering and inventory.
- Stay current with children’s ministry trends
- Provide support for parents and families through family events, parent encouragement events as well as through informal, relational ministry
- Adhere to all staff policies and procedures.
References to be provided upon request from Emmanuel Church
*A brief description of our Emmanuel Church’s mission and vision, as well as our statement of faith, can be seen here: http://www.emmanuelburbank.org/about-us/
- More detailed descriptions of values and strategies can be made available upon request
Please direct inquiries along with resume to Rick Durrance, Senior Pastor: email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 22
PASTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIESEcclesia Hollywood
- Hollywood, California
- January 22
Kids Ministry Leader (Pastor)Private Profile
- Hayward, California
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21