Reports To: Family Pastor
Position Status: Full Time Staff
Hours: 50 hours per week
Availability: 1 Position(s) Available
Function: To support the Family Team in equipping parents to build stronger families and disciple children to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Core Values: Creativity, Adaptability, Sacrifice and Team
Who Should Apply for this Role?
The Church on Rush Creek believes wholeheartedly in the centrality of the home for spiritual instruction and development. Because of this, we are searching for followers of Jesus who love children and have a strong calling to help parents become the primary faith leaders in their kids’ lives. They also should be passionate about the ministry of the local church and exhibit a heart to shepherd servant leaders for the work of the Gospel. Finally, all candidates must be able to work in a team environment with ministers representing every campus of the Church on Rush Creek.
- A clear call to serve families in the context of the local church
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired
- Three years of experience serving children on a church staff or in a high level servant leader role
- Demonstrate a proven record of exhibiting the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to communicate clearly and cohesively
- Ability to develop, empower, and lead high functioning servant leader teams
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem-solve, use time management, and prioritize work
About the Church on Rush Creek:
The Church on Rush Creek in ONE church expressed in FOUR locations. We exist to help people far from God become contagious followers of Jesus. Our vision is to become more like Jesus so we can be Jesus to the overwhelmed, the under-resourced, and the far away. Every single staff member is required to exhibit four qualities at all times: creativity, adaptability, sacrifice, and team.
- First and foremost, love Jesus and foster your relationship with Him through personal devotion, corporate worship, and Biblical community.
- Under the direction of the Family Pastor, in cooperation with every campus and every age-specific ministry on the family team, equip and encourage faith talks weekly for every family through equipping materials and strategic initiatives.
- Shepherd servant leaders for the work of the ministry by doing the following:
- Recruit and train new leaders.
- Set up and maintain a leadership structure to ensure care and accountability for every leader.
- Shepherd leaders through relational connection for spiritual growth and ministry excellence.
- Program planning and oversight:
- Plan, edit curriculum, and staff all weekly children’s programs of Rush Creek Church.
- Calendar, plan, and execute special events for children and families
- Maintain a high level of safety for every child at Rush Creek through leader background checks, strict adherence to check in/check out procedures, and maintaining all safety standards in accordance with Rush Creek policy.
- Maintain budget, calendar, and all other administration requirements in a professional manner
- Communicate regularly and creatively with servant leaders, parents, and staff-at-large all pertinent information regarding the children’s ministry.
- Conduct yearly and ongoing strategic plans for ministry goals that align with the broader vision and mission of The Church on Rush Creek.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1