Director or Pastor of Worship and Music
Full-time position with benefits – salary commensurate with experience and education
Marietta Community Church is a new (10 months old) congregation in the Atlanta metropolitan area. In our brief history we have grown to 350-500 people worshipping each Sunday at a world-class performing arts center (Murray Arts Center). We currently have
one service that embraces a variety of worship and music styles. We are seeking a person of vibrant faith in Jesus Christ who can lead us in inspirational worship and grow our talented music team.
1. A deep and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord that is modeled in
all areas of life, and a love for Christ’s Word and His Church.
2. Ability to relate well and interact easily with all ages of the congregation.
3. A passion and talent to grow and equip disciples of Jesus Christ for ministry.
4. A thorough understanding of various genres of Christian worship and music – including
styles such as ancient-future and convergent worship.
5. Ability to bridge the gap between contemporary and traditional worship and music.
6. A creative and visionary, yet flexible team-approach to ministry.
7. Has earned at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Music or Theology, or a related field.
8. Experience in leading and integrating various musical components in worship, such
as choir, praise team and instrumentation.
9. A sense of humor.
1. Be the chief architect (consulting with pastors and worship team) of Sunday worship
services that glorify God, and inspire and build community within the Church.
2. Lead and equip an existing and talented group of vocalists and instrumentalists.
3. Lead the congregation in worship vocally and instrumentally.
4. Recruit, train and develop instrumental and vocal talent of all ages from within
the congregation and community.
5. Oversee and coordinate all MCC music ministries including adult choir, praise team,
and youth worship team.
6. Encourage and facilitate the use of various artistic gifts such as drama, dance, writing,
and visual arts within worship and other venues.
7. Adopt and adhere to the Essential Tenets of ECO (eco-pres.org), and support the
Mission Statement and Foundational Values of MCC (see website).