Job Title: Director of Operations
Location: Boise, Idaho
Job Category: Administrative
Job Type: Full Time
The Director of Operations will report to and work alongside the Lead Pastor of City Church Boise to build and manage, systems, structures, and teams to implement the vision and values of the Church. This role will include overseeing and directing facilities, finances, selected staff, volunteer leaders, and teams. This is a non-pastoral, administrative role focused on the day-to-day operations of the church. The hiring of this individual will enable the Lead Pastor and Elders to focus on the spiritual development and overall vision of the church through operational excellence.
City Church is located in the heart of Boise’s downtown neighborhood and is committed to living loved by God, together in community, on mission with Jesus in our city. We believe the Bible is God’s Word, that God is sovereign in our salvation and over all the details of life, and that Jesus is our King who inaugurated a Kingdom that has come, is coming, and will one day fill the earth. Thus, while theologically conservative, we are socially engaged as we seek to announce and embody the King and His Kingdom through our words, actions, and shared life together.
As a growing community, we are in need of an operational leader who can coordinate and facilitate the day-to-day running of the church. This individual will be the first full-time staff person, outside of the Lead Pastor, and must be a self-starter, problem solver, and proven manager of systems and people.
The Director of Operations will lead selected initiatives and events as delegated by the lead pastor with a specific focus in several key areas including: Facilities, Finances, Ministry Staff, and Leading Volunteers.
• Oversee the part-time facilities manager who is responsible for event setup and teardown, maintenance, janitorial, and grounds
• Manage lease negotiations as needed, in addition to property identification for future space needs
• Ensure we are fulfilling all insurance requirements, in alignment with the finance team
• Responsible and accountable for all church finances / accounting, including budget planning, monthly account reconciliations, compliance, and risk mitigation
• Works closely with the Finance Team and Director of Finance (volunteer)
• With the finance team, managing and improving financial controls and processes
• Monthly budget reporting to the Elder board
• Annual budget development, working closely with program leaders (e.g., Worship, City Kids, Teens, Facilities, etc)
• Provide regular community updates on the financial position and budgetary needs of the Church
• Hiring and management of part-time, selected staff including: facilities manager, communications director, worship leader, and children’s ministry coordinator.
• Management of payroll processing relationship (third party vendor)
• Overseeing, coaching, and equipping of staff to fulfill their day-to-day roles
• Enlisting, developing, coaching, and managing volunteer team leaders
• Developing/overseeing the enlistment of volunteers church-wide
• Hosting of monthly leader’s meeting (tactical team) to ensure alignment of church operations with our vision.
A typical applicant should have several years of business or Church operations experience and a passion to develop people and systems within the local church context. A degree in a business related field is desired. This person needs to be aligned with our doctrinal statement as well as our vision and values. Note that relocation to Boise, Idaho will not be provided and any and all travel / moving costs to Idaho will be at the expense of the applicant.
How to Apply: Send an email with a cover letter, resume, and three references to
In your cover letter please go into detail about how your beliefs and values align with those of City Church. In addition, tell us about your experience with:
• Coaching and managing staff and volunteers
• Overseeing financial systems
• Developing and managing operational systems within an organization
More details about our mission and values can be found on our webiste at citychurchboise.com/about/values/
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17
Business AdministratorVintage Church
- Santa Monica, California
- October 17
City Church Boise
City Church is located in the heart of Boise’s downtown neighborhood and is committed to living loved by God, together in community, on mission with Jesus in our city. We believe the Bible is God’s Word, that God is sovereign in our salvation and over all the details of life, and that Jesus is our King who inaugurated a Kingdom that has come, is coming, and will one day fill the earth. Thus, while theologically conservative, we are socially engaged as we seek to announce and embody the King and His Kingdom through our words, More...