The Teaching Pastor will serve as one of the primary teachers and preachers in the life of Macedonia
Church of Pittsburgh (MCOP). While the Senior Pastor will serve as the primary Sunday morning
preacher, the Teaching Pastor will have significant Sunday Morning teaching and leadership
responsibilities throughout the year.
The Teaching Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor, but could also be managed or directed on
certain projects by the Executive Pastor.
This description is for a full-time position. The employee will be expected to work 40 hours per week.
1. Serving as one of the primary teachers and preachers; you will preach/teach on a consistent
basis throughout each month in the life of the church, including, but not limited to:
a. Sunday mornings
b. Midweek worship studies
c. Men's or women's studies
d. Bible Institute
e. Funerals, etc.
2. Participate in crafting the teaching and preaching themes for different seasons in the life of the
church, as directed
3. Lead worship on Sunday Mornings in cooperation with the Executive Pastor, as directed
4. Provide spiritual direction and counsel for the church body, as directed
5. Co-labor with the pastoral team and ministry staff in the planning and execution of church-wide
6. Lead marriage courses for premarital and married couples, as directed
7. Provide pastoral care to certain demographics of the church body, as directed
8. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
1. This position will be compensated commensurate with the employee’s education, training, and
2. If ordained, the employee will be eligible to receive a housing allowance (a portion of overall
salary for ministers that is not subject to federal income tax).
3. If desired, the employee shall be eligible for health and hospitalization insurance, including
4. The employee will be eligible for up to 2 weeks of paid vacation per year.
1. Given the nature of ministry, the employee will be able to create a flexible schedule in
consultation with Pastoral leadership.
2. Because of the flexible schedule, the employee may have the opportunity to pursue further
theological education, as approved by the Senior Pastor, provided it does not conflict with
ministry responsibilities. (Educational costs are not covered)
3. Opportunity to attend selected conferences and leadership events as designated by the
The employee will be subject to periodic reviews by the Senior Pastor. A comprehensive annual
review shall occur to evaluate the employee’s effectiveness and eligibility for merit compensation
Interested applicants should:
1. Submit a cover letter with your Christian testimony explaining your interest in working for MCOP.
2. Submit a resume.
3. Submit the name/address/phone numbers of three (3) professional references.
Send your resume, cover letter and Christian testimony and professional references to:
Shaunda Miles at email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted by Friday, September 30th, 2016.
No calls please. Finalists will be subject to appropriate background checks.
Resumes submitted without a letter of interest or description of your testimony of Christian faith and professional references will not be considered.
Subject Title for Submission Email: MCOP Teaching Pastor
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Student PastorM1 Church
- McLeansboro, Illinois
- January 16
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh
Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh (MCOP) is a thriving community of faith in the heart of the City of Pittsburgh. We believe that the Church, the Body of Christ, is the hope of the world. Therefore we seek to “Develop Dynamic Disciples” who are empowered by the love of Christ and the power of His Spirit to be agents of transformation in our community, our city, and our world. More...