The Director of Operations will provide leadership and oversight in all areas of operations of
Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh (MCOP), ensuring that the activities of the church embody the vision
and values of the church. The employee will create effective structures and systems that reflect the
mission and vision of the church in all facets of daily church operations and aid in the ministry of the
The Director of Operations will report to the Senior Pastor, but could also be managed or directed on
certain projects by the Executive Pastor.
This description is for a full-time position. The employee will be expected to work 40 hours per week.
1. Managing the overall administration of the church, including, but not limited to:
a. Human resources
b. Property Management
d. Office Administration
e. Information Technology
f. Data Management
g. Marketing & Communications
h. Volunteer Management, Special Events & Special Projects
2. Work alongside Elders and ministerial staff and appropriate church committees in planning,
implementing and monitoring the annual church budget.
3. Report out to all committees and staff members on the financial status of their particular area
4. Develop/assist in the development and administer church-adopted policies and procedures
concerning church operations and the use of all church properties and equipment.
5. Negotiate and manage all property/facility affiliated contracts.
6. Create overall marketing and promotion plan for the church.
7. Provide comprehensive human resources support to the clergy and staff of each ministry.
Responsible for and/or assists with recruiting and orientation, benefits renewal and
administration, employee relations and conflict resolution, staff recognition, training and
development programs, HR policy development and administration and records management.
8. Ensure effective information technology solutions are in place and functioning in collaboration
with the Worship/AV Ministry Team.
9. Co-labor with the pastoral team and ministry staff in the planning and execution of church-wide
10. Provide oversight for the coordination of various events on and offsite, working closely with the
Facilities Manager, Event/Volunteer/Special Event Coordinator, Graphic Designer and
Executive Assistant to the Senior Pastor
11. Attend all weekly and monthly meetings as outlined by the direct supervisor, including but not
limited to Budget Planning, Master Calendar and Annual meeting preparations.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
1. This position will be compensated commensurate with the employee’s education, training, and
2. If desired, the employee shall be eligible for health and hospitalization insurance, including
3. The employee will be eligible for up to 2 weeks of paid vacation per year.
1. Opportunity to attend selected conferences and leadership events as designated by the
1. The successful candidate will have a commitment to Jesus Christ and His ministry.
2. Must have integrity, credibility and a commitment to MCP mission, vision and values.
3. A minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting and management experience with at least two
years with a similar sized organization.
4. Church or other non-profit organization experience preferred.
5. Required Bachelor or higher degree in Business Administration or related field preferred from
an accredited college
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Demonstrated leadership in financial management.
The employee will be subject to periodic reviews by the Senior Pastor. A comprehensive annual review shall occur to evaluate the employee’s effectiveness and eligibility for merit compensation adjustments.
Interested applicants should:
1. Submit a cover letter with your Christian testimony explaining your interest in working for
2. Submit a resume.
3. Submit the name/address/phone numbers of three (3) professional references.
Send your resume, cover letter and Christian testimony and professional references to:
Shaunda Miles at email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted by Friday, September 30, 2016.
No calls please. Finalists will be subject to appropriate background checks.
Resumes submitted without a letter of interest or description of your testimony of Christian faith and professional references will not be considered.
Subject Title for Submission via Email: MCOP Director of Operations
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Faith Church - Graphic DesignerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 20
Preschool Ministry LeaderPark Cities Presbyterian Church
- Dallas, Texas
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh
Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh (MCOP) is a thriving community of faith in the heart of the City of Pittsburgh. We believe that the Church, the Body of Christ, is the hope of the world. Therefore we seek to “Develop Dynamic Disciples” who are empowered by the love of Christ and the power of His Spirit to be agents of transformation in our community, our city, and our world. More...