The Office Administrator will be responsible for providing administrative support to all Elders, leadership team and staff members, volunteers, members and guests of Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh (MCOP). The employee will maintain (and create) effective structures and systems that reflect the mission and vision of the church in all facets of front office and church administration/operations and aid in the positive greeting and care of all individuals who encounter MCOP on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will be an organized worker who possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, exhibits exemplary administrative and clerical capacity, is proficient in Microsoft Office, is familiar with graphic design, can quickly grasp other computer software, and is passionate about the work of the Church.
The Office Administrator will report to the Director of Operations.
This description is for a full-time position. The employee will be expected to work 40 hours per week.
1. Assists MCOP ministry through clerical and administrative tasks as needed.
2. Research and maintain all administrative software for ministry use, ensuring the most efficient systems are functional and used throughout the church.
3. Answer phones and other correspondence as well as greet visitors and members.
4. Maintain the main church calendar, ensuring calendar items are communicated to Elders, Staff, Maintenance Team members.
5. Update all digital signs and internal monitors/bulletin boards.
6. Enter all contributions and distribute statements to all tithers and donors as requested.
7. Maintain and update membership and visitor records.
8. Print and oversee the production of weekly bulletins, funeral programs, certificates and other printed materials as necessary.
9. Maintain an online volunteer schedule and communicate with the Volunteer Coordinator
10. Maintain consistent front office hours.
11. Prepare and mail all church correspondence; sort and distribute mail.
12. Serve as additional contact for vendors, including but not limited to the church’s IT management service, telephone companies as well as postage machine and copier vendors.
13. Keep main office neat/organized and files hard copy documents, as necessary and appropriate.
14. Orders supplies necessary for teen and administrative support/volunteers.
15. Manage all submitted requests including but not limited to Room Requests, Funding Requests, Sick & Shut in Requests and make sure information is distributed among the appropriate contacts.
16. Serve as part of the team that manages weddings, baby dedications and funerals.
17. Be able to exercise discretion in dealing with the public and have the ability to handle confidential information.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
1. This position will be compensated commensurate with the employee’s education, training, and experience.
1. Opportunity to attend select training programs as designated by the Executive Pastor and Director of Operations.
1. The successful candidate will have a commitment to Jesus Christ and His ministry.
2. Must have integrity, credibility and a commitment to MCOP mission, vision and values.
3. A minimum of 5-7 years of administrative/management experience.
4. Church or other non-profit organization experience preferred.
5. Required Bachelor or higher degree in Business Administration or related field preferred from an accredited college.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
7. Excellent organizational skills.
The employee will be subject to periodic reviews by the Director of Operations. A comprehensive annual review shall occur to evaluate the employee’s effectiveness and eligibility for merit compensation adjustments.
Interested applicants should:
1. Submit a cover letter with your Christian testimony explaining your interest in working for MCOP.
2. Submit a resume.
3. Submit the name/address/phone numbers of three (3) professional references.
Send your resume, cover letter and Christian testimony and professional references to: Shaunda Miles at email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted by September 30, 2016.
No calls or postal mail, please. Finalists will be subject to appropriate background checks.
Resumes submitted without a letter of interest or description of your testimony of Christian faith and professional references will not be considered.
Subject Title for Submission Email: MCOP Office Administrator
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PowerPoint Ministries Customer Service Coordinator & Administrative AssistantPrestonwood Baptist Church
- Plano, Texas
- December 6
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Church SecretaryNew Hope Baptist Church
- Denver, Colorado
- November 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- August 23
Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh
Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh (MCOP) is a thriving community of faith in the heart of the City of Pittsburgh. We believe that the Church, the Body of Christ, is the hope of the world. Therefore we seek to “Develop Dynamic Disciples” who are empowered by the love of Christ and the power of His Spirit to be agents of transformation in our community, our city, and our world. More...