The Technical Director is an extension of the Media and Communications Director and is responsible for the oversight and operation of all campus-wide AVL systems. This position will assist in leading our ministry team by providing the highest quality AVL
multimedia support as it relates to live, pre-, and, post-production. The Technical Director will also assist in the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers in use of all technical systems.
This position reports to the First Baptist Jonesboro Director of Media and Communications.
- Oversee all campus-wide event technical needs for the ministries of FBC Jonesboro (Midweek services, special events, weekend services, weddings, and funerals)
- Provide insight and innovative processes to stay up to date on production technology trends
- Strive for creative excellence in all technical areas
- Participate in pre/post-service evaluation with creative and music ministry teams
- Recruit, train and lead volunteer teams to provide technical support to all venues
- Support the leadership of FBJ by contributing to the spirit of unity among staff and congregation
- Prepare and verify media for service presentation (Lower thirds, graphics, etc.)
- Collaborate and assist creative team with various video projects and on-location shoots
- Create and maintain inventory and maintenance of all AVL assets
- Complete any other responsibilities as assigned to fulfill the role of Technical Director
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in technical production (Ministry experience preferable)
- Comprehensive understanding of live production audio, video, and lighting systems design and operation
- Understanding of the unique role that production plays in creating meaningful worship experiences.
- Leadership ability in mentoring and developing media interns and volunteers
- Experience with analog and digital audio systems (Digico SD series a plus)
- Proficiency in lighting and visual graphic software (Jands Vista, Pro Presenter, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Drive for results and excellent time management skills
- Ability to collaborate with others within a creative team setting
- Professionalism and a positive Christian attitude
Basic Personal Responsibilities
- Proactively reach out and minister to others
- Promote fellowship, connection and “followship” within the media ministry
- Adhere to and encompass the qualities and characteristics required of FBC Jonesboro employees
If you feel that this position might be a good fit for you, please email your resume, cover letter, and links to an online portfolio and sample work to email@example.com. Please include "Technical Director" in the subject line. Please do not apply directly
through the Church Staffing website.