Salary Range: 35,000-48,000 (includes some benefits). Along with this we also provide a parsonage.
Who we are looking for:
It is our prayer that the person who responds to this call will be someone of a sound heart and mind that desires to follow God’s word and love God’s people. This person should be a missional leader, who takes seriously the call to disciple all nations, especially in our local region.
In fulfilling their role, the Pastor should preach God’s word in all its clarity and depth to bring the people of God into a transformative relationship with the Holy Trinity. They should shepherd God’s people both in one on one encounters as well as group settings. They should lead Christ’s church with both compassion as well as truth. This person should also be teachable and develop a real concern for the very people they are ministering to most.
We desire a leader who will develop a strong community presence both in sharing in the customs of its people and transforming them as well. We believe that God’s next person to lead will be energetic, friendly, and willing to keep on growing themselves. The next leader will be someone who can equip others to do effective marketplace ministry as well as mentor those who are considering a more formal call into Pastoral or missionary life.
The Senior Pastor should have a daily relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. This person is willing to lead God’s people to higher ground according to the Word of God and a sound mind.
Hillsboro, WI is a community of about 1400 people. Although this is small by some standards, there is much to do and participate in. Hillsboro has a great school, wonderful Hospital, outdoor pool, and numerous festivals throughout the year celebrating both the new and the old of our region. There are also many businesses throughout the community that keep people employed and also attract workers from around the region. Hillsboro, WI is part of the ‘driftless’ region. Each year thousands of people tour through the winding hills on their motorcycles or to go camping. Nearby is Wildcat Mountain as well as the famous Kickapoo river where kayaking and canoeing is a regular affair. The people of Hillsboro are great people, and are in need of another shepherd to lead them to Christ.
Who We Are:
First Congregational Church was founded in 1891. In fact, this October we are celebrating our 125th year anniversary and are looking forward to many more. Many pastors have served God at this church. Some have served short term and others for quite some time. Back in the 1970’s, this church switched from the UCC (United Church of Christ) to a different denomination called the Foresee’s (CCCC). This fellowship oriented group of Congregationalist Pastors had a concern for the Word of God. Since then, First Congregational of Hillsboro has participated in varying levels. Even though we desire to be a part of the wider Christian community by participating in fellowships, by definition our church is still governed independently.
Just like in many congregations, First Congregational experienced a time where membership became slim. We spent time in prayer and God began motivating us and developing us. In the last three years, our membership has doubled. We look forward to someone taking over and adding to in their own ways, the growth of the church. In this most recent season we have come to find that we all have a ministry role to play in God’s Church. We are hungry for the Word of God and are seeking leadership to bring others into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our Church might be called semi-traditional. We have both hymns as well as some modern music. We have several readings from Scripture throughout the service and even say some responsively together as a congregation. We take communion at least twice a month, we confess the Apostles Creed, and we also pray the Lord’s prayer. And, even though we have plenty of traditional elements in our service, we change things up throughout the year as well.
Our purpose is to be transformed by the renewing of our mind, to make disciples of all nations, be led of the Holy Spirit, and to pass on the ancient faith of the apostles, as we worship both in reverence and in celebration.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in ministry or ministry related field
- Licensed or Ordained
- Willing to live in this community. Church parsonage preferable.
- Leadership, organizational, and administrative skills to accomplish your responsibilities.
- Compassion for the least, the last, and the lost who do not have a relationship with God our Father and the ability to guide people to that relationship in Christ.
- Ability to recognize conflicts and work to resolutions among staff and congregation.
- Must be a person of prayer and love for God’s word.
- A motivation to reach and build up the youth.
- Understanding that marketplace ministry is necessary and valuable to the Christians of our community. In other words, God blesses and calls people to many different places to represent him, not just the church or pastorate.
- Recognize that First Congregational is shepherded by the Pastor, who will also be working with both Deacons and Trustees who help to guide the every-day life and monies of the church.
- Is able to carry the burdens of the people of God, while maintaining their own resolve.
- Is spiritually healthy, prayerfully focused, and growing their relationship with Christ.
- Is a person that maintains confidences. Confidentiality is important on sensitive matters.
- Maintains a relationship with a mentor or peer who helps with their personal accountability.
- Expects to be on call 7 days a week at any hour in case there is an emergency or urgent need. Albeit, these will not be often, but they are very beneficial to the Church and community.
- Is willing to be involved within the community through volunteer or attendance events.
If you think that First Congregational may be where God is leading you to, then please follow the link to our website which is where you will find the official application as well as a questionnaire and the necessary steps to submit all materials. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorWoodcrest Chapel
- Columbia, Missouri
- January 22
Senior PastorMeadowdale Baptist Church
- Calhoun, Georgia
- January 21
Sr. PastorEast Chain Evangelical Free Church
- Granada, Minnesota
- January 20
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Dexter
- Dexter, Missouri
- January 19
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Church of Westerlo
- Westerlo, New York
- January 19