Valley Bible Fellowship of Las Vegas is hiring its first full-time Technical Director (TD). VBF’s vision for the TD is to provide leadership, oversight, and direction to all aspects of the Tech Ministry @ VBF Vegas. We are looking for someone who is strong
in systems, team building, and communication. The TD will assist and support the Lead Pastor and Worship Pastor in all elements relating to tech and media during and leading up to the Worship Services @ VBF Vegas.
VBF of Las Vegas has entered an exciting new season of growth! To accomodate our attendance, we have launched a 5PM service on Sunday evenings. We now have 4 weekly services: Wednesday @ 7PM and Sunday @ 9:30AM, 11:30AM, and 5PM. To help us steward well
what God is giving us, we need a Technical Director who can take our existing systems and crew of volunteers to the next level. This is a unique opportunity for someone skilled with prior experience in a large church, building teams, has exceptional audio/FOH
skills, and knows how to thrive in a team environment.
- Oversee all systems and volunteers for midweek and Sunday morning Worship Services, special events, and concerts.
- Train and develop a strong team of volunteers in all areas of the Tech Ministry (audio, video, and lighting).
- Able to mix audio, program and run lighting, and operate video/camera systems.
- Plan and schedule volunteers using online software (Planning Center Online).
- During Worship Services function as a Service Production Director (SPD) who will ensure all systems are functioning properly and all volunteers are equipped with the tools and training to do their jobs.
- Schedule all volunteers relating to tech (FOH/Audio, Pro Presenter, Lighting, and Camera operation)
- Keep up with maintenance and updates on all equipment.
- Lead all volunteers in providing an excellent and creative audio, video, and lighting experience during Worship Services.
- Attend and be active in Production Meetings before Worship Services on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Thinks ahead. Anticipates problems before they arise.
- Is a constant recruiter.
- Attends weekly meetings as scheduled by Lead Pastor and Worship Pastor.
Skills, Attributes, and Qualifications:
A commitment to a life-style of continual growth in both character and competency. A deep, evident love of Christ, Church and Kingdom that shapes all aspects of life. 2+ years prior experience in a production/technical ministry in a large church (1,000+).
Successfully completes time sensitive tasks related to weekly events and services. Experience with system installations and maintenance of existing equipment. Is very flexible and adapts quickly to change. Maintains a positive attitude and is upbeat. Has strong
FOH/Audio experience and expertise. Knowledge and experience in live multitrack recording (ProTools/Logic) would be a plus. Receptive to change, constantly striving for excellence. Must be a high capacity operator and be able to multitask well. Excellent communication
skills and ability to work well in a team environment. Growing understanding of the technical field with the ability to research and recommend the best solution to technical issues. Touring/live concert experience would be a plus as VBF Vegas occasionally
brings in artists/bands for concerts.
VBF's website: http://vbflv.org
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.