Middletown United Methodist Church is seeking a qualified and experienced communications candidate to lead/oversee the communications ministry of the church. This person will oversee the communications and marketing aspects, audio/visual aspects and technical
components of the church’s ministry. This is a full-time position.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Develop and implement MUMC’s internal and external communications plan, including preparing and administering the budget for the plan
• Establish MUMC’s Communication Policies and Procedures.
• Manage all aspects of all MUMC’s websites and develop a plan for continued growth
• Manage the Social Media presence of MUMC
• Produce creative and effective videos for use in worship and marketing
• Oversee worship services audio and video usage
• Work with others as needed to provide the best possible design for all church publications, advertisements, website, and audio/video support.
• Works with worship team and Administrative Assistant to produce worship bulletins, PowerPoint, video and other resources for worship services/events
• Create communication strategies to market, inform and promote teaching series, big events, and other campaigns related to the future and/or life within the community/church
• Record and post-produce and post weekly sermon Podcast
• Recruit, train and lead volunteers/teams such as audio/video, designers, photographers, artists and writers to identify opportunities to reinforce the place/identity/brand of MUMC in the community
• Direct and monitor design of all promotional materials, including monthly newsletters and signage throughout the building.
• Develop, organize and prioritize all communication with an emphasis on Outreach
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in communication or marketing preferred.
• Proven technical experience with live sound mixing, audio and/or video recording, streaming, publishing programs and grass-roots marketing efforts.
• Exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
• Experienced with graphic design technology & tools.
• Experience creating/developing/implementing communication plans & materials
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple Social Media Pages & Print/Media including, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
• Strong organizational skills for managing multiple projects.
• Ideal candidates would consider themselves "early technology adapters"
• The ability to prioritize, work well under pressure, as part of a team, and with many moving parts and opinions.
• Strong Mac (Apple OS X) comfort level.
• Proven experience with ProPresenter or comparable worship presentation software.
Full list of responsibilities available on request. Candidates should send résumé including salary history to Rev. Scott Woodburn at firstname.lastname@example.org