The Elementary Children's Director Intern is a contracted, one year position. It has the strong potential of becoming a full time permanent position at the end of one year, based on performance and chemistry.
The internship is a one year, paid, part time position that will bring leadership to our children's ministry to elementary (first grade-fifth grade) services. This position is expected to be 20-25 hours a week at an hourly wage of $15-$20 an hour range.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead dynamic, high engaging Sunday services with a team of volunteers
- On board and train volunteers
- Work directly with the lead pastor regarding goal setting and children's ministry events (like curriculum, summer camp, a children's service twice a year and outreach into the community for children)
- Staff (with volunteers) and serve Wednesday evening child care and special events (paid child care workers for most special events)
- Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Children's Ministry Intern Resume
- We will review all applications and follow up individually with candidates.
- DO NOT CALL OUR OFFICE OR APPLY IN ANY OTHER WAY. APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT USE THE ABOVE EMAIL PROCESS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
(because they obviously can't follow simple directions).
Abundant Life Church is a medium sized church (750+) located just south of Baltimore, MD in Glen Burnie.
The lead pastor, Nate Drye, has been on staff since 2008 and moved from the Executive Pastor role into Lead Pastor in 2014. Abundant Life Church has a reputation of being outward focused and community driven. This is clearly seen in annual events and group
values. Outreach is not a team of people at Abundant Life Church, but rather a value lived out by each group. The church has a small paid staff and lots of volunteers. The style of worship and community can be seen by viewing the services online via the website.
Abundant Life Church has a mision of Sincere Acceptance, introducing everyone to God's grace and love. Similarly, Abundant Life Church seeks to disciple Sincere Acceptance past an invitation and into a life challenge.
The Baltimore/ Washington DC area is at the center of metropolitan, military, and health care networks. Known for the "Beltways" that circle each city, the commuter lifestyle is one that is fast paced, driven, and ripe for competitive professional development.
Home of the Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles, Washington Redskins, and Washington Wizards, there is much opportunity for the professional sports fan to see any major league event. With Johns Hopkins hospital networks and the Capital within an hour's drive,
there are also multiple opportunities for some of the best healthcare and most popular weekend trips one can imagine. The school systems are very competitive, for all ages and degree programs. The cost of living in the Baltimore region is considerably high
when compared to rural or suburb regions elsewhere in the US, so financial responsibility is demanded.