Woodhaven Bible Church is a family of believers in Jesus Christ in southeast Michigan. Our mission is to glorify God by proclaiming and reflecting the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is accomplished as believers are discipled and encouraged to apply God’s Word
to their lives and share the Gospel with the unbelieving world. We are a church dedicated to the preaching of God’s Word, so that, through the Word and working of the Holy Spirit, life change may occur.
The Role of Senior Pastor at Woodhaven Bible Church:
The senior pastor will teach, lead, and shepherd the congregation of Woodhaven Bible Church. This should be accomplished through various pastoral and personal qualifications:
- He must be in full agreement with our doctrinal statement.
- He will have a commitment to proper biblical exegesis and expositional preaching.
- He will be equally committed to both our 60-year history and leading the church into the future.
- He will have a Master of Divinity or its equivalent, and will demonstrate that he has biblical, theological, and cultural literacy and relevance.
- He will have a humble pastoral heart for the people in the congregation.
- He will work together with the elder board to cast the vision and ministry strategy of the church.
- He will protect the congregation from false teaching and seek to unify the body in Christ.
- He will actively participate in pastoral care ministries.
- He will have at least 3 years of ministry experience.
- He must meet the qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- He will continue to care for his soul and his family through his relationship with Jesus Christ.
- He will be devoted to prayer and have a burden for praying for the congregation.
- He will be known as a man of integrity, humility, and personal holiness.
- He must be a disciple-maker and leader of leaders. He should be trying to build others up and grow them spiritually and in their participation in the body of Christ.
To apply, please include answers to the following questions (please keep each answer to 250 words or less) along with a resume (email application to firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Do you agree with with our doctrinal statement (please review the statement at: http://woodhavenbible.com/beliefs)? Yes or No.
- What is your view of Scripture?
- In your own words, what is the gospel?
- Share your testimony and story of spiritual development.