MISSION AND VISION OF THE CHURCH:
To love all people in a way that allows the Holy Spirit to move them into a relationship with Jesus Christ. We resolve: as follows:
1. To love God with all our heart, soul and strength.
2. To share the love of Jesus with everyone we meet.
3. To invite all people to belong to a loving community of believers.
4. To equip believers to serve others through their spiritual gifts and resources.
5. To inspire followers of Jesus Christ to lay down their lives to advance the Kingdom of God in the world.
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to all next generation ministries from nursery through college while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. Partner with parents, volunteers, staff and elders
to ground children & students in the foundations of faith so that they will not stray from their faith and love of Jesus Christ (Proverbs 22:6), so that they may mature into future leaders of the church.
The Next Generation Pastor is responsible for all of the church’s ministries to children and students ages 0-college. The Pastor will plan & oversee the ministries to teach the values of Christian faith; to live in grace and walk in love; to equip our children
and students to discover their spiritual gifts; and to teach His Word with sincerity and integrity. Be an “effective equipper, supporter and team-builder” for the ministries. Use God given abilities in God’s service and to contribute to the strength and health
of His body of believers.
To complement the spiritual gifts that our leadership is currently blessed with, the Next Generation Pastor should have a spiritual gift mix of 3 of the following: leadership, teaching, discernment, administration, evangelism and service.
1. Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and the community changed by the gospel.
2. Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
3. Clearly possess the character qualification of an elder listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
4. A strong understanding of Scripture; postgraduate degree preferred in Bible theology or ministry.
5. Passion for ministries to children and students and seeing both parents and children/students grow in the faith.
6. Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively preach & teach outside of their concentrated ministries.
7. Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, healthy relationships with those inside and outside the church.
8. Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities. Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
9. Ability to adapt to changes in the environment, to change approach or method as is most fitting for each situation and be able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
10. A proven desire to equip empower and release adult volunteers to work with children, students, and parents.
11. Ministry experience with children, junior high, high school and/or college aged students, and an understanding of today’s culture, with the ability to function and communicate the Gospel within it.
12. Fulfill the duties required of Valley Harvest members as outlined in the membership covenant.
13. Must possess or obtain a valid California Class C driver license with current automobile insurance. Have a completed satisfactory background check by Valley Harvest.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work in conjunction with church leadership to coordinate all church programs and functions in concert with the church’s overall mission, vision, and purpose statement.
2. Be an advocate for children & students and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of children & students in the local church and community.
3. Plan, coordinate, and implement all student activities with and through ministry volunteers (discipleship groups, camps, small groups, retreats, parties, mission trips, Youth Conference, worship, outreach, etc.).
4. Mentor children & students in developing their leadership skills.
5. Work with other ministry leaders/volunteers to develop strategies that will impact our community for Christ.
6. Represent the interests and safety of the children & students in the church’s care at all decision making meetings and sessions.
7. Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
8. Organize training and planning sessions for children & students leaders/workers.
9. Maintain the church’s child protection policy.
10. Provide leadership and serve as shepherd to the children & student ministry leadership team.
11. Look for fresh ideas and ways to keep children & students engaged.
12. Approve all children & student ministries programs, curricula, and activities.
13. Assist in development, submission, and monitoring the budgets for all of the next generation ministries.
14. Serve as pastor to the children & students in your care – praying, visiting, counseling, discipling.
15. Effectively communicate with parents and guardians of the children & students.
16. Be prepared to effectively teach the congregation as a whole when needed.
1. Compensation range is $42,000-$54,000 per year based upon experience and education.
2. 2 weeks paid vacation, sick pay, & all major holidays
ABOUT VALLEY HARVEST:
Valley Harvest is located in Chowchilla, a rural community in the heart of California’s great, agriculturally rich Central Valley. We are approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours away from Yosemite and the Pacific Ocean. We’re eager for growth and a new season of
For more information Valley Harvest’s website is http://valley-harvest.org/.