- Salem is looking for an energetic mobilizer to be the Campus Pastor for our Central Campus in Fargo, North Dakota.
- The qualified candidate will be able to lead the adult disciple-making efforts of Salem Central, including all group life and Sunday school ministry. Special emphasis will be placed on utilization of Salem’s new missional communities called Life Groups.
- This candidate will have a pastoral heart and work with Campus Elders and Life Group leaders to ensure for the care of those who call Salem Central their church home.
- This candidate will lead Salem Central’s assimilation ministry.
- This candidate will be a team-builder and leadership developer who develops ministry team leaders who can lead Salem Central’s people into effective ministry during the week in groups or on Sunday morning ministry teams.
- This candidate will provide a strong pastoral presence on Sunday mornings on and off the stage and during the week providing individual and group pastoral counseling, referrals and pastoral functions like membership, wedding, funeral, baptism and baby dedication
preparation and preaching 4-6 times a year.
- This candidate will lead with a servant’s heart a team of elders, deacons and staff to provide oversight of Salem Central.
- This candidate will work closely with the Missions Team on local and global outreach opportunities and supervise other pastoral staff as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
- This candidate will be a team player who works closely with the Sr. Pastor and fully supports and champions the Mission, Vision, Strategies, and Core Doctrinal Beliefs of Salem.
751 - 1000
About Salem Evangelical Free Church:
Salem Evangelical Free Church has had a Gospel impact on the Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo Metro for over 35 years. We are a multi-site church of 800+ with one church facility in Fargo, ND and a second facility in Moorhead, MN which we renovated and opened in
2011. On Sunday mornings we have one service at Salem Central in Fargo, and two services at our Moorhead location, Salem East.
Salem's mission is to glorify God and make disciples. Salem is known for it's strong commitment to the Bible and expository preaching, Youth Ministry, Children's Ministry, unity in Christ, active involvement in world missions, every believer ministry, and
a warm friendliness. Salem is a multi-generational congregation with many families.
Recently, Salem has embarked on a Five Year Strategic Plan called SALEM 2020. This has moved Salem to begin using missional communities to make disciples who can make disciples. We are also aggressively designing a leadership pipeline that will allow Salem
to consistently prepare, equip, inspire, and multiply leaders for all areas of the church. It is an exciting time to come to Salem and help lead the church into a new season of fruitful ministry!
About the Fargo Moorhead Community:
Fargo-Moorhead is a growing community consistently voted one of the best places to live in the nation. It is made up of three cities straddling the border of two states and while each city has it’s own flavor, the overall feel is that of a welcoming community
and a great place to put down roots. The area’s roots are in the agriculture industry and there is still quite a bit of that, however the tech industry has taken off in the last decade. The growth in recent decades has lead to a revitalized downtown featuring
a large variety of restaurants, shops, and experiences for the whole family. Fargo-Moorhead is also voted one of the best places for makers and artisans to grow their small businesses. It is also a great center for culture with numerous art museums, a professional
symphony, dance, opera, and theater companies. The area is also influenced by its numerous higher education institutions including: North Dakota State University, Minnesota State University Moorhead, Concordia College, and several technical schools. Visit
fargomoorhead.org for even more information about the community and its history.
- A born-again Christian as evidenced through conversion testimony and lifestyle.
- A passion for seeing people become disciples who can make disciples in missional communities.
- In agreement with the EFCA doctrinal statement as well as Salem’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Live a Biblical lifestyle as expected of members and defined in the Salem Bylaws.
- Prefer Bible College or Seminary degree or higher and 5+ years of pastoral experience.