Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church, a congregation in a Christian University setting, with over 1,200 in average attendance, is seeking a full time Director of Worship Arts. This person would join a multi-staff ministry team with a vision to lead our congregation
in Kingdom mission.
Oversee all worship arts ministries of the church
- Lead the church in an understanding and experience of worship.
- Recruit and develop teams and leaders with a passion for God, an eye and ear for artistic and musical excellence, and a heart for people.
- In collaboration with the lead Pastor and the worship design team - format the worship services, select music and other artistic and liturgical elements, and oversee the rehearsal of various teams and ensembles.
- Oversee special worship arts events throughout the year – Christmas Eve, church musical productions, etc.
The candidate must . . .
- Be a devout follower of Jesus, a person of prayer, and a true worshiper in private as well as public life.
- Possess a love for the local church and its mission to the world.
- Have a developed biblical theology that informs a philosophy of worship.
- Be able to attract, train, and develop godly leaders in worship ministry.
- Be effective in mentoring undergrad Worship Arts interns from the University.
- Have leadership experience in Worship/Arts in a local church setting. Experience in a larger church setting is preferred.
- Have a knowledge of and appreciation for a variety of music, art and worship forms – ancient/modern, hymnology, classic/contemporary, rock, jazz, folk, gospel, etc.
- Be musically proficient in order to build vocal and instrumental praise bands towards a high level of spiritual preparation and artistic excellence.
- Be creative and original. Build a community of artists who can express praise and devotion through music, but also through drama, literary, and visual arts.
- Demonstrate solid administrative and people skills.
- An advanced degree in music, worship, or theology is preferred.
Starting Date: Any time, but hopefully by January 2, 2017.
- Send resume, three references, video sample or link by October 15, 2016 to email@example.com (prefered)
- If you need to send by mail:
Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church
120 E. Main, PO Box 399
Spring Arbor, MI 49283
Attn: Worship Arts Search Team