Grace Community, a multi-site church, is seeking a full-time worship leader for one of its Tyler, Texas campuses. This person will work with the Campus Pastor and Sr. Worship Pastor to plan services for 400-800 people at weekly worship services. The primary responsibility will be to lead the music portion of the services and manage an all-volunteer worship band. The ideal candidate possesses a strong desire to live a life of authentic Christ-centered worship and to encourage and lead others toward this goal. Music skills required: ability to read and arrange music, sing, and play guitar or piano with proficiency. Ministry experience and music education preferred. For more information about Grace Community Church, please visit www.gcc.org. Please send resume, cover letter, and video link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grace Worship Leader Job Description:
Grace Community Church | UB Campus
Worship Leader Job Description (FULL-TIME):
Spiritual Requirements for the Worship Leader at Grace Community, UB Campus:
- Have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord with a desire to grasp the greatness of the Gospel.
- Have a genuine desire to see God glorified and the name of Jesus lifted up above all else through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Have an active prayer life.
- Read and study the Bible regularly and understand the foundational need to this practice.
- Be in community with other Christ-followers.
- Recognize Grace Community Church as home and agree to and submit to the values and beliefs as established by the Pastors and Elders.
- Demonstrate an attitude of confidence in leadership.
- Demonstrate an attitude of humility and teachability.
- Demonstrate a “team-first” attitude.
- Understand and live-out the importance of being and making disciples.
Job Responsibilities of the Worship Leader at Grace UB:
- Work with Campus Pastor, UB Staff, and Senior Worship Pastor to plan weekly services.
- Lead the music portion of the services and run weekly rehearsals.
- Program and organize Sunday morning worship services.
- Work with Worship Department Coordinator to prepare slides for Sunday morning worship services
- Lead, recruit, and develop (musically/spiritually) an all-volunteer worship team for the UB Campus.
- Work with AV Department on all things sound/lighting/projection/stage design.
- Collaborate with GCC Staff, both UB and multi-site, beyond what is required.
- Facilitate “extra” worship services as needed. (e.g. Christmas Eve, Good Friday…etc.)
- Be timely and organized with weekly responsibilities.
Musical Skills desired:
- Sing in-tune and with appropriate style.
- Play guitar or piano with proficiency.
- Program, read and arrange music.
- Lead rehearsal of band/vocalists.
- Train musicianship into band members as needed.
Hours per week: 45
Pay: Commensurate with experience/education
Direct Report: Campus Pastor
Mentor Report: Senior Worship Pastor
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Creative Arts PastorFusion Bible Church
- Durant, Oklahoma
- December 10
Director of Worship Music ArtsIrvington Presbyterian Church
- Fremont, California
- December 9
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8