Faith Church is passionate about reaching people far from God and helping believers take the next step in their spiritual journey. Our motto is “Life Change Happens Here” and for the last 5 years we’ve experienced lots of great things as our church has consistently grown from 450 to almost 1,800 in weekend worship service attendance.
We are an inter-denominational church that keeps church simple. We believe in doing a couple things really well rather than doing a lot of things with compromise. Through our 4 core values of Reach, Connect, Grow and Serve, we have an effective model of growing a healthy local church that is set to continue to grow and multiply for years to come.
The Worship Director for Faith Church will be an experienced worship leader whose heart to lead worship is just as passionate as their desire to lead the worship team. This person will play a crucial role in the life of the church and the Lead Team.
This candidate needs to be able to lead vocally and instrumentally. This includes planning, producing, and leading the worship services with music and the creative arts elements.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the heart of a pastor with visionary leadership and team building skills to scale. The candidate will also be people-centric with an aptitude for administration. The leadership of Faith Church believes wholeheartedly that the Worship Director will be a leader whose calling and character will be one others seek to follow, and that this position’s success is dependent on his commitment to worship competency, and not simply musical entertainment.
The successful candidate must be able to play the guitar (being able to play multiple instruments is a plus), audition, and develop other musicians, and have experience working alongside production, technical and media ministry staff members. Their work ethic will speak to their preparation, musicianship, and highly effective execution of Sunday morning programming.
Florence, Alabama, where Faith Church is located, is southern living at its best. In 2016, it was voted #2 on Southern Living’s Best Small Towns in the South. This great college town on the edge of the Tennessee River oozes creativity, from hometown heroes W.C. Handy (the father of blues) and legendary record producer Sam Phillips to contemporary designers Billy Reid and Natalie Chanin. Experience the town's creative vibe during First Friday sidewalk art shows or by perusing renowned galleries such as ARTifacts. Wander through one of Frank Lloyd Wright's most iconic designs at the Rosenbaum House. Just across the river in Muscle Shoals, is home of FAME Studios.
If you like the water, the fishing, boating, and water sports are almost unmatched on the beautiful Tennessee River. With a population of 40K, Florence is large enough to stay busy but small enough to raise a family. This is how life is supposed to be. From the low cost of living and the eternal sunshine, life in Florence is pretty amazing!
To lead a team of gifted artists to provide a consistent level of excellence in the area of worship
Reports to the Lead Pastor / Leads the Worship Team
- A. Purpose and Vision
- Serve the Lead Pastor to help facilitate the vision of Faith Church
- Serve as the primary worship leader for Faith Church
- Serve as the worship director for all of Faith Church worship
- Serve side-by-side with the Creative Arts Director & Production Director for all weekend worship experiences.
- Be willing to lead in other environments as necessary.
- B. Leading and Developing Others
- Build, direct, coordinate and develop the band at Faith Church.
- Develop a team that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another.
- Oversee the worship ministry of Faith Young Adults and Faith Students to insure preparation, excellence & development
- Oversee the worship ministry at all Faith Church events.
- Oversee weekly song set
- Ensure the band and background singers are equipped and prepared to perform with excellence.
- Lead weekly rehearsals for the band and schedule team members.
- Post chord charts, MP3s and other necessary elements for the band each week.
- Pastor, coach, and care for all worship team volunteers. Take key leaders to other services, conferences and meetings that will help equip them for the work of the ministry.
- C. Creative Planning
- Participate in all production and creative meetings. This includes assisting in the overall programming and execution of creative elements in the worship experience
- Stay current with pop culture as it relates to design and style in both the church and the general market.
- Develop innovative methods to take Faith Church worship to the next level.
- Communicate with other worship pastors and watch other church services to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the worship experience.
- Maintain the God ordained priorities in your life putting Jesus Christ first, family second, and the ministry fourth
- Passionately strive to live the abundant life found in Christ by nurturing that relationship through self-driven discipleship and personal worship.
- Give at least 10% of your income into the vision of Faith Church
- Conduct life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Faith Church.
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of Faith Church and always protect the unity God has given this church.
- 3-5 years worship leading experience
- Experience leading worship rehearsals and practices
- Experience leading and developing a worship team (i.e. creating set lists, leading a band)
- Experience leading worship both vocally and instrumentally
- Familiarity with sound equipment, in-ear monitor systems, and Macs
- Familiarity with creating & using stems, click tracks, and loops.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Creative Arts PastorIndiana Community Church
- Indianola, Iowa
- September 27
Worship & Creative ArtsVintage Faith Church
- Santa Cruz, California
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Worship LeaderFaith Community Christian Reformed Church
- Wyckoff, New Jersey
- September 26
Worship DirectorCornwall Church
- Mount Vernon, Washington
- September 26