Position: Executive Pastor
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Manages Pastors/Directors of Ministries (including, but not limited to): Student Ministries Pastor, Children’s Ministry Director, Discipleship Director, Care & Counseling Pastor
Manages Directors of Operations (including, but not limited to): Operations Manager, Facilities Manager, Communications Director
- B.A. or B.S. degree in theology or pastoral, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a full time ministry position (preferably with similar responsibilities)Detail oriented, with advanced writing and grammar skills
- Strong communication abilities in writing, on the phone and face-to-face
- Positive, patient, friendly and professional attitude and demeanor
- Effective leadership skills displayed through ability to recruit, develop, support and inspire leaders
- Effective management, supervisory and human resource skills and experience
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving and crisis-management skills
- Trustworthy, able to anticipate needs without oversight, focus on tasks at hand and efficient follow-through
- An understanding of complex budget, financial and fiscal management
- General proficiency with Mac applications, Church Community Builder, Basecamp, etc.
- Must agree with and represent Victory Church’s Statement of Faith
Position Description: The Executive Pastor position exists to manage and execute the vision of Victory Church as cast by the Senior Pastor and corroborated by the executive and leadership teams. They are charged with preserving and shaping the culture of the staff and the church alongside of the Senior Pastor. The Executive Pastor has a high skill level in administration as well as in relationship building. They are responsible for leadership development and growth in the staff and ministries of Victory Church as well as implementing decisions within their designated authority. The Executive Pastor will play a key leadership role by working with the Senior Pastor, executive and leadership teams, and department directors in the following areas:
- Strategy and Leadership
- Team Development and Staff
- Ministry and Pastoral
- Operations and HR
1. Strategy and Leadership
- Meet with Senior Pastor regularly to apprise him of status of all operations and ministry departments.
- Provide another “set of eyes” and act as a sounding board to provide insight for vision, ministry, leadership or staff initiatives.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
- Take the Senior Pastor’s vision and implement and execute a plan to accomplish specific goals accordingly.
- Serve as a member of the executive team and leadership team to help guide and direct the church.
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Pastor to perform other duties as best fits the needs of the church.
2. Team Development and Staff
- Supervise, manage, develop, pastor and review personnel on a regular basis, providing support, encouragement, training, accountability and direction. This includes timely and systematic staff performance reviews, personal development plans and dismissal of all staff.
- Coach and oversee the establishment of short and long term goals for each ministry and operational area. Effectively communicate those goals and implement strategy for their fulfillment.
- Oversee recruiting and hiring of staff who are aligned with our vision, mission and values.
- Create, model and protect a staff culture that honors and represents our guiding principles.
- Oversee the ongoing training and development of staff and volunteers to fulfill their purpose and potential.
- Develop structure that drives teamwork and collaboration.
- Drive team building activities to foster team cohesion.
3. Ministry and Pastoral
- Work with executive and leadership teams to set key ministry objectives.
- Facilitate a fully integrated ministry strategy, teamwork and execution.
- Develop Connect, Grow, Go strategies in each area of ministry to ensure teamwork and excellence to prevent silos.
- Oversee implementation, coordination, execution and evaluation of ministry programs and events consistent with the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- Maintain effective communication with all ministries to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing goals.
- Perform weddings, funerals, baptisms, Biblical counseling, prayer and general pastoral functions as
- Serve as the emergency “on call” pastor during evenings and weekends.
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services and church events.
4. Operations and HR
- Manage the workflow of the Communications Department.
- Oversee a cohesive, comprehensive internal and external communications/marketing plan.
- Manage the Facilities Department to make sure all required maintenance is being performed on the
- grounds and buildings. Make recommendations for improvements based on the needs of the church and the funds available to perform them.
- Maintain primary responsibility for effective recruitment, hiring and termination of staff in keeping with accepted and ratified human resource policies, in agreement with the executive and hiring teams.
- Oversee the workplace policies and procedures and ensure consistent application of these practices for all employees.
- Oversee the annual budget development, financial management, and resource allocation
- Oversee financial process including but not limited to all outsourced financial information.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility through proper planning and budgeting of ministry programs and initiatives that align goals of the church with resources.
- Cultivate and drive financial health, campaigns, member giving, and donor relationships.
- Oversee donor relationships that show appreciation.
- Ensure Victory Church has the resources necessary to grow ministry impact locally and globally to accomplish our mission.
- Oversee appropriate risk management and legal protections.
- Oversee new building projects, expansion, etc.
Note: the Executive Pastor is an exempt position. Responsibilities will be performed in approximately 50 hours per week and will include a mix of normal business hours, church services, staff meetings and events.
For more information, please contact Juli Hobby: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.426.8888.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Executive PastorHarvest Community Church
- Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- October 17
Administrative pastorLiberty Church
- Ozone Park, New York
- October 13
Executive PastorChurch of the Open Door
- Elyria, Ohio
- October 13
Executive PastorChurch at Viera
- Melbourne, Florida
- October 11
Here at Victory Church we truly are a family, and we have a place for everyone. We are passionate about the Lord and about people. Our heart is to truly see you grow in every area of your life; and therefore, we strive to teach Biblical truth in all aspects of Victory Church. More...