Qualifications and Responsibilities
1. The Senior Pastor will be a man called of God and set apart to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology. He shall be committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for such a leader. The Senior Pastor
must be a man who exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of others, and demonstrates a high level of competence.
2. The Senior Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, and to provide oversight of all areas of church life and the ministerial staff.
3. The Senior Pastor will be called to lead the church to understand, embrace, and accomplish its mission and the support of its missionaries world-wide.
4. The responsibilities of the Senior Pastor may be outlined in terms of his primary biblical roles as follows:
a. Bishop/Overseer: the principal leader and director of for the church ( Acts 20:28; Philippians 1:1; I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter 5:1-4).
b. Evangelist: models the practice of personal evangelism and ensures that the church is challenged and equipped to be obedient to the Great Commission ( II Timothy 4:5; Matthew 28:19).
c. Shepherd: models the heart of the Chief Shepherd and ensures that the church is well led, cared for, and protected ( Acts 20:28; I Peter 5:1-4).
d. Preacher/Teacher: the principal communicator of God’s Word in public worship and ensures that the Church is growing to maturity in Christ ( Acts 6:4; Ephesians 4:11; II Timothy 4:1-4; Titus 1:9).
e. Equipper: partners with other leaders to empower and equip maturing members for significant service and ministry by discovering, developing, and deploying their spiritual gifts (Ephesians 4:12; II Timothy 2:2). 5. The Senior Pastor will participate in
the planning of worship services and events and equip staff and lay leaders to successfully coordinate those services and events.
5. The Senior Pastor will oversee and lead outreach and pastoral care efforts, including biblical counseling, performing weddings and conducting funeral services.
6. The Senior Pastor will oversee staff development and ensure that ministerial staff has the resources necessary to fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
7. The Senior Pastor serves as the primary leader of Niles Baptist Church. He must possess a servant’s heart and exhibit a selfless spirit.
8. The Senior pastor should demonstrate critical competencies in three broad categories: commitment to results, leading change, and motivating.
a. Commitment to results: The Senior Pastor should be a forward thinker, who is mission focused and goal driven. The Senior Pastor is action oriented and innovative. He translates broad goals into achievable steps. He anticipates and solves problems and
takes advantage of opportunities, is a self-starter and team player.
b. Leading change: The Senior Pastor must share the values, mission and vision with integrity. He should possess the ability to develop people and committees to accomplish goals. This individual deals effectively with demanding situations and designs and
implements strategies in response to them.
c. Motivating: The Senior Pastor manages continuity, change and transition. This individual knows how to influence and enable others.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
This is an intense and demanding position based on full responsibility. The Senior Pastor handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes appropriately considered decisions. He plans and implements programs.
The Pastor is to establish strong and appropriate relationships with the Deacon Board, Trustees, Committees and members. He plans and meets deadlines. The pastor maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management. The pastor
must maintain a loving relationship with his wife as her position of helpmate is vital to the success of the ministry. The pastor’s family must be in full agreement with his calling. The pastor will need to balance the responsibilities of his church life,
his family life and his prayer life.
The Senior Pastor must convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding Niles Baptist Church. He must demonstrate a commitment to continued professional growth and development. He must prioritize the time needed for personal study of God’s
Word and sermon preparation as this is primary to feeding his congregation.
Candidate must possess a Master of Divinity Degree or Equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of service in a church leadership role.
Two ministry related references and three personal references required.
Recording of a recently delivered sermon.
Personal Calling Statement.
Statement of Faith.
Philosophy of Ministry.
Salary to be based on experience.
All inquiries should be sent to Jin Lee at the following email address: email@example.com