- Baccalaureate degree and graduate theological degree.
- At least 5 years of ministry experience in pastoral care or program ministry in a local church (preferably multi-site) setting.
- Ability to relate and communicate well one-on-one and in small groups.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church.
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Calvary Church.
- Remain a member in good standing of Calvary Church.
The Pastoral Care Associate is a member of the pastoral care team that provides care in multiple ways for the Calvary Church community including making hospital and homebound calls on Calvary Church members and attendees and others for whom a visit is requested.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Do the hospital visitation for Calvary Church in rotation with the Care Pastor, lay-care givers, and members of the pastoral staff.
- Visit patients prior to surgeries or medical procedures, pray with them and offer encouragement and support.
- Make follow-up visits as necessary throughout the time of the hospitalization.
- Make other visits as assigned (hospice, care facilities, rehabilitation facilities, etc.).
- Check in with the Pastoral Care Administrative Assistant for assignments and to make reports on calls completed. Regularly check the Pastoral Care Hospitalization voice mail during the assigned week.
- On a weekly basis, turn in written reports on calls made.
- Assist with funerals, memorial services and other care-related ministries as requested.
- Provide leadership for the Senior Adults Ministry.
- Provide leadership for the Prayer Ministry.
- Participate as a member of the Care Ministry Team.
- Participate in the office pastor on call rotation.
- Carry the Emergency Cell Phone during the weeks on call.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned.
- Reports to the Care Pastor.
- Relates to the pastoral staff and support staffs.
- Works with the Pastoral Care Administrative Associate.
- Relates to the Care Ministry Team.