1. Baccalaureate degree. Master's degree in music and graduate theological education desirable.
- Experience in worship program design, music leading and implementation in a multi-
style worship setting in a multiple staff church.
3. The ability to:
a. relate a philosophy of Christian music to the spiritual ministry and philosophy of ministry of Calvary Church
b. lead the contemporary worship and technical arts ministries of the White Bear campus and
plan worship services in the collaborative context of the worship arts team
c. relate and work well with church staff and volunteers
d. exhibit versatility with a variety of styles of music and media
e. lead the White Bear campus contemporary worship and technical arts ministry teams spiritually and musically
f. lead and oversee the ministry in a way which integrates quality of music with integrity of presentation
g. recruit and train musicians and technical arts staff to be involved in the contemporary music ministry and develop multiple worship teams for use in ministry areas other than worship services alone.
4. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church.
5. Be a regular participant in public worship at Calvary Church.
6. Remain a member in good standing of Calvary Church.
The Contemporary Worship Director is responsible for the overall leadership, design and implementation of the White Bear campus contemporary worship services and other activities in the life of the church where music is employed.
1. Provide musical and spiritual leadership and development for the instrumental, vocal and technical elements of contemporary worship services.
2. Recruit, train and schedule instrumentalists and vocalists for contemporary worship services.
3. Lead/oversee rehearsals for instrumentalists and vocalists for contemporary worship services.
4. Lead weekly contemporary worship ministry team planning meetings, and provide decision-making for selection of music and other media.
5. Plan weekly rehearsals and service worship orders in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, worship arts team, and contemporary worship ministry team.
6. Participate in the planning and arranging of the contemporary worship service elements in a way that is thematically integrated and contributes to the other elements of the services.
7. Work through the White Bear campus administrative assistant to:
a. Secure proper copyright clearance for music presentation
b. Administer the musical elements of the service (e.g. communication with personnel, music procurement, duplication and distribution, room reservation and set-up, media creation and procurement).
8. Encourage high standards of spiritual commitment and musical excellence in participants.
9. Carry out other ministry assignments as given by the White Bear Campus Pastor, Executive Pastor or Senor Pastor.
1. Reports to the White Bear Campus Pastor.
2. Relates to and coordinates with pastoral staff and other worship arts and technical arts staff teams and
3. Supervises other White Bear campus contemporary worship and technical arts staff including interns.
4. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.