Purpose of the Position:
Grace Chapel is one church worshipping on four campuses, with a vision for more campuses in the future. Our unity of preaching and mission across campuses is accomplished via sermon video simulcast. The Director of Worship Media Technology Ministry plays
a key leadership and pastoral role and is responsible for the implementation, leadership and delivery of creative and technically excellent worship media technology services to our campuses, staff and congregation.
The Director will be a professional and passionate believer with advanced skills and experience in audio, video, lighting, and broadcast who is able to build, pastor, lead and care for a thriving staff and volunteer media ministry at this growing church in
In order to be effective in this role, the successful candidate will be a growing Christ-follower who possesses many of the following core attributes:
- A high commitment to the local church with passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched in New England.
- A high-level of expertise and creativity in sound reinforcement, lighting, video display, video production, and broadcast technology in a multi-campus setting.
- A team builder and team player who thrives in a fast moving, highly collaborative environment.
- One who has a heart for shepherding a team of volunteers, and is comfortable providing caring and pastoring moments to the team.
- A continuous learner excited about researching and implementing new technologies and best practices.
- An ability and desire to teach others to do what you do and know what you know.
- A passion for expressing biblical truth in innovative ways.
- Media technology leadership experience in a church of 1,500 or more.
Key Working Relationships:
- Reports to the Director of Campus Operations and is a strong collaborator with the Worship and Arts ministry team.
- Works directly with the Pastors and leaders of each ministry to understand and support their specific needs for media technology.
- Is supported by two full-time media technology staff members.
- Recruits, inspires, leads, pastors and develops gifted and committed volunteer members of the media technology team.
Ministry responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, inspire, lead, pastor, develop and care for the volunteers serving in the Worship Media Technology ministry (audio engineers, camera operators, lighting board operators, media projection operators, video control booth directors)
- Collaborate with Information Technology department to ensure successful media transmissions utilizing church’s broadband network.
- Take overall responsibility (utilizing the support of the Media Tech staff members) for managing and maintaining all of the media technology equipment on all campuses; e.g., classroom/conference room technology, travel equipment, etc.
- Collaborate with Worship Arts staff and other ministry areas of church to support their media technology needs; e.g., media content for the web, media content for sermons, project management, budgeting, inventory, support for large events, etc.
- Actively participate in staff-life and ministry meetings, including worship planning and creative team meetings.
- Successfully execute the mission and vision of the church, working collaboratively with various visual, video and creative staff to ensure strong Sunday worship technology support week-to-week and over high visitation periods during the Christmas and Easter
If after prayerful consideration you would like to be considered for this position, then we invite you to join in the application process. We have intentionally kept the requested submission brief to allow well-qualified people to participate easily.
Please submit your current resume with a cover letter briefly describing your faith background and the reason for your interest in this particular position. These items should be submitted in electronic format only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your submission.