Responsible for leading the Children’s Ministry with the Children’s Pastor to fulfill the mission of First Baptist Orlando. Responsible for working with the Children’s Pastor in the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements
for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to this Ministry. This individual must have an authentic, growing relationship with Christ, seek to be a godly spouse and responsible parent to their family and live a life above reproach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to achieve the goals and objectives given by the Children’s Pastor. Make sure those goals are measurable for a growing Children’s Ministry.
- Help the Children’s Pastor create and lead the Children’s Ministry towards fulfilling the mission of First Baptist Orlando.
- Responsible for creating, developing and overseeing the preschool ministry programming and experience. Including the development of preschool worship experience.
- Evaluate and continue to develop Preschool Ministry policies, best practices and procedures.
- Assist the Children’s Pastor in the oversight and leadership of Children’s Ministry Staff.
- Leadership and Development of Children’s Ministry Dream Teams. Recruit, train, and develop leaders to invest in the lives of the children’s ministry. The primary role is to be an equipper of the saints.
- Management of the Hospitality and Registration experience. Oversight of the implimination of First Time Guests.
- Create innovative strategies to reach elementary and preschool ministry families.
- Develop and Create a Family Worship Experience
- Rotation with Children’s Pastor in the weekly message delivery of the elementary and preschool worship enviroments.
- Work with the Children’s Pastor to ensure the alignment of the ministry within the NexGen Ministry and FBO.
- Support the Children’s Pastor in the development and execution of children’s ministry programming and large events.
- Work within and be a good steward of the ministry budget to reach ministry objectives.
- Seek to create clear communication with parents regarding the ministry.
- Be a contributing team member that invests not only in the Children’s Ministry but in the NextGen Ministry and Church as a whole.
- Encourage the introduction to and assimilation of all families into the life of the congregation as active participants of First Baptist church family.
- Any other items deemed necessary by the Children’s Pastor.
- Self-starter and team player
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Deal effectively and tactfully with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Training and development skills
- Financial planning/management & program execution skills
- Decision making, flexibility and the ability to take initiative
- Be a teachable and collaborative leader
- This job operates in an office/church environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
talk and hear in one-on-one and small or large group settings. Frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or
crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year college degree
- 5 years of children’s ministry preferred.
The Church promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company or affect the health and/or
safety of others at work. This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.