Purpose of the Position:
Grace Chapel has been committed to spiritual, geographic and numeric growth since its founding over 60 years ago. Having reached capacity at our main campus in Lexington, we have implemented a vision which includes planting new, fully-functioning church campuses in the greater Boston area with a commitment to being “one church with many campuses.” Currently, over 5,000 people attend Sunday services and midweek programs at four campuses: Lexington, Wilmington, Watertown and East Lexington.
This bold plan requires the leadership of gifted Campus Pastors with a deep passion for advancing God’s kingdom work in our region. We are currently seeking such a leader at our Watertown campus to inspire, build and lead a large congregation of committed leaders, volunteers and attenders.
About the Watertown Campus:
The Grace Chapel Watertown Campus officially opened in October 2013, but actually has a 99-year history in the neighborhood. Many people from the Community Church of Watertown congregation that gifted the building to Grace Chapel remain active today as members
of a strong, diverse community building a shared life together. Two services on Sunday average 250 attendees, including children, and services on Easter and Christmas are full. A group of dedicated, high capacity individuals serve on the Lay Leadership Team,
giving their time to lead individual ministries, assist staff in key roles, and serve as strong prayer partners for the congregation. Lay leaders serve in key roles overseeing many of the programs, including: Alpha; Kidstown and Student Ministries; ministries
for men and women; the Welcome Team and ushers; numerous service projects and special gathering events.
In order to be effective in this role, a successful candidate for this full-time position will be a growing Christ-follower* who possesses many of the following core gifts and passions:
- Leader: A gifted and energetic team-builder and an inspirational leader who can cast a clear and compelling vision and who will equip people to find, develop and act on their God-given calling.
- Pastor/Shepherd: A pastor who longs to embrace, assimilate and care for those believers and seekers whom God will bring to this campus.
- Champion of Diversity: An individual who values ethnic diversity and invests in developing a healthy multi-ethnic campus environment.
- Communicator: An individual with the ability to preach, teach and communicate effectively in large and small group settings.
- Self-starter: Someone who is entrepreneurial and internally driven to achieve the mission God is laying out for us and able to manage her/himself accordingly.
- DNA Carrier: An individual who resonates with the long-standing vision and values of Grace Chapel and who is passionate about extending its kingdom impact via a new campus.
- Theological Depth: A continuous learner with a strong theological foundation and biblical understanding that enables him or her to function with effectiveness and discernment.
*Note: This job description is largely focused on this pastor’s functional role on the ministry staff. The spiritual health and vitality of the individual is also essential to any position at Grace Chapel and is assumed to be part of a life in ministry. A plan to maintain and grow that spiritual health is a required part of each pastor’s annual Ministry Plan.
Key Working Relationships:
- Reports to Grace Chapel’s Pastor of Campuses.
- Has a dotted-line relationship to the Senior Pastor for purposes of vision alignment, development and mentoring.
- Supervises local Watertown Campus staff (e.g., worship, children, student ministries, media and support staff) who report directly (solid-line) to Campus Pastor and have dotted-line reporting to the corresponding Grace Chapel ministry leader for each functional area.
- Builds relationships with the church-wide pastoral staff and ministry team leaders in order to leverage existing Grace Chapel ministry strengths, content and best practices.
- Leads and supports volunteer Life Community coaches as they support and coordinate Life Community leaders.
- Leads and supports the volunteer leaders of the visitor integration ministries.
- Casts vision for and leads the Watertown Campus within the broader context of Grace Chapel. Serves as the face of the Campus for the local congregation and the local community.
- Develops strategy for growth and energizes campus for outreach.
- Serves as “Host” of the worship services at Watertown. Sermons at Watertown are primarily via video simulcast.
- Preaches four to six Sundays per year at Watertown in order to cast vision and contextualize the broader message of the Grace Chapel teaching team to the local needs of the local congregation.
- Leads and supervises Watertown staff members.
- Builds and leads a pervasive, high-quality, and volunteer-run Life Community ministry as the primary connection point to the Watertown congregation.
- Builds, pastors and leads healthy volunteer teams connected to the visitor assimilation ministries.
If after prayerful consideration you would like to be considered for this position, then we invite you to join in the application process. We have intentionally kept the requested submission brief to allow well-qualified people to participate easily.
Please submit your current resume with a cover letter briefly describing your faith background and the reason for your interest in this particular position. These items should be submitted in electronic format only to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your submission.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Ecclesia - Campus PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Houston, Texas
- September 26
Campus PastorManchester Christian Church
- Manchester, New Hampshire
- September 26
newhope church - Campus Pastor - ColumbiaVanderbloemen Search Group
- Columbia, South Carolina
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
Grace Chapel with campuses in Lexington and Wilmington, MA. Grace Chapel is a nondenominational church that welcomes people from all backgrounds. More...