Purpose of the Position:
Grace Chapel has been committed to spiritual, geographic and numeric growth since its founding over 60 years ago. Having reached capacity at our main campus in Lexington, we have implemented a vision which includes planting new, fully-functioning church campuses in the greater Boston area with a commitment to being “one church with many campuses.” This bold plan requires the leadership of gifted Campus Pastors with a deep passion for advancing God’s kingdom work in our region.
Currently, over 5,000 people attend Sunday services and midweek programs at four campuses: Lexington, Wilmington, Watertown and East Lexington. We are currently seeking such a leader at our newly formed Foxboro Campus to inspire, build and lead a congregation of committed leaders, volunteers and attenders.
About the Foxboro Campus:
In January 2016, Foxboro Bible Church courageously and graciously gifted their entire facility to Grace Chapel. This includes a sanctuary that seats nearly 400, an educational building, 6.5 acres of property, a small gym, ample parking and several ball fields. There is a strong Grace Chapel Core Group that lives in the area and has expressed interest in forming a Grace Chapel Campus at this facility. The Foxboro Campus will be a wonderful opportunity for someone who is eager to develop a Campus from the ground up.
In order to be effective in this role, a successful candidate for this full-time position will be a growing Christ-follower* who possesses many of the following core gifts and passions:
1. Leader: A gifted and energetic team-builder and an inspirational leader who can cast a clear and compelling vision and who will equip people to find, develop and act on their God-given calling.
2. Pastor/Shepherd: A pastor who longs to embrace, assimilate and care for those believers and seekers whom God will bring to this campus.
3. Champion of Diversity: An individual who values ethnic diversity and invests in developing a healthy multi-ethnic campus environment.
4. Communicator: An individual with the ability to preach, teach and communicate effectively in large and small group settings.
5. Self-starter: Someone who is entrepreneurial and internally driven to achieve the mission God is laying out for us and able to manage her/himself accordingly.
6. DNA Carrier: An individual who resonates with the long-standing vision and values of Grace Chapel and who is passionate about extending its kingdom impact via a new campus.
7. Theological Depth: A continuous learner with a strong theological foundation and biblical understanding that enables him or her to function with effectiveness and discernment.
*Note: This job description is largely focused on this pastor’s functional role on the ministry staff. The spiritual health and vitality of the individual is also essential to any position at Grace Chapel and is assumed to be part of a life in ministry. A plan to maintain and grow that spiritual health is a required part of each pastor’s annual Ministry Plan.
Key Working Relationships:
1. Reports to Grace Chapel’s Pastor of Campuses.
2. Has a dotted-line relationship to the Senior Pastor for purposes of vision alignment, development and mentoring.
3. Supervises local Foxboro Campus staff (e.g., worship, children, student ministries, media and support staff)
4. Builds relationships with the church-wide pastoral staff and ministry team leaders in order to leverage existing Grace Chapel ministry strengths, content and best practices.
5. Leads and supports volunteer Life Community coaches as they support and coordinate Life Community leaders.
6. Leads and supports the volunteer leaders of the visitor integration ministries.
Core Duties and Expectations:
1. Casts vision for and leads the Foxboro Campus within the broader context of Grace Chapel. Serves as the face of the Campus for the local congregation and the local community.
2. Develops strategy for growth and energizes campus for outreach.
3. Serves as “Host” of the worship services at Foxboro. Sermons at Foxboro will be primarily via video simulcast.
4. Preaches four to six Sundays per year at Foxboro in order to cast vision and contextualize the broader message of the Grace Chapel teaching team to the local needs of the local congregation.
5. Leads and supervises Foxboro staff members.
6. Builds and leads a pervasive, high-quality, and volunteer-run Life Community ministry as the primary connection point to the Foxboro congregation.
7. Builds, pastors and leads healthy volunteer teams connected to the visitor assimilation ministries.
If after prayerful consideration you would like to be considered for this position, then we invite you to join in the application process. We have intentionally kept the requested submission brief to allow well-qualified people to participate easily.
Please submit your current resume with a cover letter briefly describing your faith background and the reason for your interest in this particular position. These items should be submitted in electronic format only to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your submission.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus Pastor - 1767MinisterSearch
- Rockford Area, Illinois
- January 21
Campus PastorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Campus PastorBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17