We are a Church Plant that is launching in Hillsborough, NC and in the process of looking for a Worship Pastor. This is a Part-Time job to begin with, and with Church growth the position will likely turn
This position will be a salaried position starting at $15,000 a year, with dedicated ministry time being approximately 10 hrs/week.
In partnership with the Teaching Pastor, the Worship Pastor will help provide overall pastoral leadership of Doxa Church, and more specifically provide pastoral leadership of the Worship Ministry (Music, Production, and Creative & Service Programing Teams).
The candidate for Worship Pastor must be passionate about the glory of God with a desire of helping people meet, know and follow Jesus through gospel-centered worship. Priority is placed on candidates with Christ-like character who have been spiritually
blessed with competencies conducive for leading and inspiring people in worship of the Triune God. Candidates should be leadership-focused, technically-minded, relationally-driven and team-oriented. This role calls for an individual who is able to communicate
a vision in such a way that it inspires others to join in that pursuit.
- Provide pastoral and leadership oversight of Doxa Church in conjunction with the Teaching Pastor.
- Provide pastoral and leadership oversight of the Worship Ministry, which includes Music, Production (AVL) and Creative & Service Programming Teams
- On occasion, teach and preach from the Bible in a way that inspires and influences people to love Jesus and enact change
- Provide spiritual leadership, discipleship and development for Worship Ministry staff and volunteers
- Be a godly example to the church in your relationship with God, in your relationship with your wife and children (if applicable), in your relationships with members of our church community, and in your relationships with those in the surrounding community
- Regularly pray and care for the needs of those you oversee, including but not limited to staff and volunteers
- Oversee the purchasing, tracking and reporting of the Worship Ministry Budget (includes Music, Production (AVL), and Creative & Service Programming Teams)
- Oversee recruiting, training and scheduling of all Worship Ministry Teams
- Maintain CCLI Licensure and required reporting
- As need arise and finances are available, execute searches and hirings for future Worship Ministry Roles (i.e. Administrative Assistants, Tech Directors, Programming Directors, etc…)
- Provide musical development for musicians and vocalists
- Recruit and train additional worship leaders with the goal of developing worship leaders into worship pastors (this is essential for our value of “growth” as we seek to be a church-planting church)
- Lead and/or oversee rehearsals for instrumentalists and vocalists for worship services. You are the primary leader of worship for Sunday gatherings.
- Lead and/or assist weekly planning meetings, and provide decision-making for selection of music and other media to ensure its relevance to sermon series/themes while also ensuring quality and completion for Sunday services
- Participate in composing and arranging the elements of the worship service in a way that is well integrated and contributes to the other elements of the service
Production (audio, visual, lighting (AVL))
- Oversee Production Team staff and volunteers in the planning and implementation of all AVL systems (audio, video, lighting, slides, platform design, live streaming, etc…)
- Ensure recruiting, training and empowering of volunteers in AVL systems
- Provide leadership and assistance in AVL projects, and ensure projects align with overall church mission and vision, as well as sermon series and teaching themes
Creative & Service Programing
- Develop and oversee Creative & Service Programing Team staff and volunteers in the planning and implementation of all creative and service programming elements of a worship service
- Ensure recruiting, training and empowering of volunteers in creative and service programming elements
- Provide leadership and assistance in creative and service programming projects (i.e. long-term planning meetings and execution)
Other Ministry Role
- Ability to develop volunteer leaders to sustain this additional ministry role is a must