Director of Operations
Purpose: As a member of the leadership staff team, the Director of Operations coordinates and equips staff and lay disciples in ministries of Administration, Finance, Personnel and Communications.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Certification in Church Business Administration and/or 5-10 years experience in related fields.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the oversight and coordination of the administrative ministries of the church, including finance, facilities, personnel, communication and continual evaluation and recommendation of best practices; providing excellent service to staff, volunteers members, and the community to fulfill Church of the Palm’s mission.
Oversee the work of the Finance Director and Staff Accountant in:
- Maintaining a full accounting system including gift receipt recording, payables and payment processing, banking, payroll, and general ledger
- Providing monthly and annual financial reports to all appropriate users
- Leading annual budget process and monitoring actual vs. budget results throughout the year
- Coordinating all activities to complete the annual audit or review each year
- Accounting for Church of the Palms and Early Childhood Center.
- Maintaining relationships with key banks
- Ensuring a proper control environment including developing and documenting all policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining a process for archiving financial records
- Working with Administration and Finance Committee to coordinate oversight of budget and oversight of administration
Responsible for all necessary human resource support for Church of the Palms staff working in conjunction with staff and lay leaders (i.e. Personnel committee),
- Develops and maintains employee policies and procedures that encourage and motivate staff.
- Coordinates recruitment, offers, onboarding and all related documentation.
- Maintains benefits, including insurance and pension benefits
- Oversee processing and delivery of payroll
- Conduct annual performance reviews and complete proper documentation for support staff of the church. Implement disciplinary procedures and performance improvement plans when necessary.
- In coordination with Database Administrator (Arena), ensure effective us of church database system.
Oversee the work of the Facilities Director in:
- Ensuring that administrative and facilities responsibilities are handled by staff or volunteers, including maintaining office equipment and supplies for office-related activities
- Working in conjunction with the Buildings and Grounds committee on long range planning for facilities upkeep and occasional project management.
- Ensuring maintenance of technology infrastructure
- Managing construction of the Palms Center (gymnasium)
Oversee the work of the Communications Director in:
- Ensuring that communication strategy is updated and executed.
- Supporting communications staff with appropriate resource and guidance.
- Overseeing Information Technology support.
- Overseeing Media/TV ministry.
- Ensuring the efficient management and operation of church’s database.
- Supporting the work of the Generosity Team.
- Exceptional people skills: listening, communicating, developing trust and rapport
- Passionate about Ephesians 4 principles-Each believer given a spiritual gift. All gifts are necessary for the Body of Christ to thrive. Serving with gifts leads to spiritual growth.
- Ability to work in a team environment utilizing the development of goals and objectives
- Evaluate ministries and make recommendation for improvement
- Recruit, train, resource, affirm and support volunteers
- Competency in computer skills such as Word, Excel, Email and Internet
- Excellent chemistry with all staff
- Leads up, down and across
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time; manage information; and develop ongoing systems
- Ability to see through major projects and meet deadlines
- Maintains a pleasant and personable attitude with all staff, congregation members, and community members
- Uses professionalism and discretion; maintains confidentiality at all times; maintains a high level of excellence and quality
- Ability to manage and ensure a proper financial system with accountability and reporting
- Ability to implement processes and standards
Should be a high-capacity leader with clearly recognized gifts in the following areas:
- Leads a life of vibrant discipleship and exhibits an enthusiastic relationship with Jesus Christ
- Models a healthy balance between God, self, family, and ministry
- Is inspired and encouraged by leading and working on a ministry team
- Effectively builds strong relationships with support staff
- Effectively responds and follows up
- Has a good sense of humor
- Is comfortable working with a wide range of people from different backgrounds
- Prioritizes equipping others for ministry, over doing ministry personally, by mentoring and discipling leaders and others
- Guides ministry equippers and servers toward teams that complement their passions, personality, gifts, and strengths
- Builds authentic relationships with and encourages equippers and servers to operate outside of their “comfort zone”
Senior Pastor; receives policy guidance from the Personnel, Administration and Finance Committees, and Session.
Full-time, Exempt employee
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Dexter
- Dexter, Missouri
- January 19
Executive PastorArchbold Evangelical Church
- Archbold, Ohio
- January 19
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17