Gateway Community Church is a young church that continues to see the hand of God work in special ways within the body of Christ and in their community. Gateway was started a little over 6 years ago, currently located in the Deer Creek community of Edmond,
Ok. The mission of the church is to make much of God by making disciples. It operates under the belief that the local church is the vehicle God uses to impact the world, and the role of the pastor is the help equip people to carry out that mission. The future
is brighter than ever at Gateway and they believe God is up to something amazing. The next student pastor will play a vital role as Gateway continues to seek God’s plan for this next exciting season of ministry.
The Student Pastor will be responsible for creating a thriving ministry for students in Grades 7-12, while providing leadership to each student, their parents, and the volunteer teams of Gateway of Gateway. He will create and implement a ministry that connects
with, and helps fulfill the mission of the church. The ultimate goal of this position is to see students reached for Christ, led into a growing relationship with Him, while incorporating their families and other adults in the process.
20-30 Hours per week
GOAL & EXPECTATIONS
- The effective Student Pastor will achieve the following goals during the first 24-months of work:
- Student Ministry Responsibilities Reach out to students beyond the walls of the church through bridge events, campus contacts, and leading students to be ministers on their campus.
- Create environments for students to ask questions, get answers, and be encouraged in their spiritual walk.
- Lead students to a practical understanding of God’s Word and how it relates to everyday life.
- Create ways for students to connect with God, adult leaders, and other students.
- Create an ongoing leadership development process that works well with all students, helping them take next steps in their spiritual journey, giving them ownership and responsibility for the ministry.
- Recruit and develop a team of adults that will assist in the ministry and invest in the lives of students.
- Create and implement a plan that will continually recruit and develop adult and student leadership Develop an ongoing method of communication with students, parents and leadership, including leadership training
Family Ministry Responsibilities
- Work with the Gateway staff and team in development and implementation of family ministry events such as Fall Kick-off Celebration, Christmas events, Community Service Projects, etc.
- Work with the Gateway staff in the development and implementation of special events, whether this falls under students, family, or other church related ministries.
Weekly/Ongoing Ministry Responsibilities
- Weekly Large Group Ministry (7th - 8th, 9th - 12th grade)
- Weekly Small Group Ministry (determine best time, place and method)
- Student Discipleship (implement a plan to lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ)
- Leadership Development (recruitment, training and development of adult leadership)
- Student Leadership program (develop a system that helps students get plugged into the entire ministry of the church) Special Ministry Events (bridge events, camps, mission trips, etc.)
For additional information about this job posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes may also be sent through email to email@example.com (Subject line: Student Pastor)