To serve Christ and His church through implementing the vision of Converge MidAmerica in such away that you will …
…Impact our region through strengthening churches spiritually, financially, relationally, evangelistically and missionally.
…Lead the Church Strengthening Team in developing and executing a strategic and comprehensive revitalization plan.
…Serve and coach pastors, church planters and church leaders in the spirit of Jesus that will aid them in their mission and encourage them on their journey.
…Assist the President when needed with special projects or events.
You will be expected to excel in the following areas of church strengthening:
- 50%: Capital Campaign Services:
- Coaching churches through our Capital Campaign Process
- Developing coaches for our Capital Campaign Services
- Providing expertise to improve and update our Capital Campaign Services
- Execute successful Capital Campaigns in our churches
- 30 %: Church Health Team and Pastoral Placement:
- Developing and leading a district wide Church Strengthening Taskforce
- Expanding Coaching Groups and LEAD Teams
- Natural Church Development consulting and coaching
- Bringing guidance to the Ordination Process
- Developing a stable of qualified Interim Pastors
- Recruiting a pool of Pastoral Candidates
- Assigning and leading pastoral searches for our churches as needed
- 20%: Pastoral Relations:
- Assist the President in the implementation of the vision of the larger district ministry in areas that include, but are not limited to:
i. Recruiting partner churches
ii. Preaching in churches
iii. Providing articles for our publications
iv. Representing the district at church or regional events
v. Trouble shooting, etc.
- To maintain a vibrant relationship with Christ in your personal and family life. (Rev. 3:20)
- To exemplify in your spiritual life the qualifications of an Elder (I Tim. 3:1-7)
- To model a servant’s spirit and a generous life by tithing to your local church and supporting the ministry of Converge MidAmerica (Luke 22:27; Mal. 3:10; I Cor. 16:1; II Cor. 8:7)
- To take every opportunity to guard and protect the unity of the church (Eph 4:3) through positive conduct (Eph 4:25-31) and lead by example the biblical principles of healthy relating (See attachment)
- To earnestly pray for the leaders and churches under your care (Heb 13:17-18; I Thess. 1:11-12)
Experience and Education
- Ten years experience in senior or executive leadership in a local church
- Master's degree from an accredited seminary
- Experience in work with multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-generational environment
- Adhere and uphold Converge MidAmerica’s Affirmation of Faith
- Be energized by the Vision and Values of Converge MidAmerica
- You are expected to work at an executive commitment level.
- Four weeks vacation time planned with the President and approved at least 10 days before commencement of the vacation.
- Reports to President
- Bi-monthly meetings with the President to review your staff report and to evaluate the progress of the specific goals for your areas of ministry.
- Compile a quarterly Church Strengthening Report for the Executive Board.
- Expenditures will be limited to funds allocated under the church strenghtening budget
- President must approve any expenditure beyond church strengthening budget
- Use of district credit card
- Use of district car
- Use of district phone
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org with "Church Health VP" in the subject line. Also, applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon or presentation. Video is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ControllerFaith Community United Methodist Church
- West Chester, Ohio
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Director of OperationsPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Carmel Baptist Church - Preschool Minister/W.E.E School Head of SchoolVanderbloemen Search Group
- Matthews, North Carolina
- December 1
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...