Position: High School Pastor
Reports to: Student Ministries Pastor
Status: Full-time salaried Religious Worker, not subject to Fair Labor Standards Acts (FLSA)
Position Focus: This full time position focuses on ministry to high school students and their families. It also ministers within the context of the student ministry at large.
The Vision: To develop Christ-centered students who make a difference, by helping them Connect with Christ, Transform in Community, and Engage their World.
- The Student Ministry Team
- Volunteer Teams
The High School (HS) Pastor is responsible for implementing the vision of McKinney Church in partnership with the Student Ministry (SM) Team. The HS Pastor will work closely with the Middle School (MS) Pastor to prayerfully decide and plan out the overall strategy for the Youth Ministry which is comprised of Middle School and High School students. Then within that strategy, the HS Pastor will lead any special activities, mission trips, and leadership development specifically geared for the High School students and their leaders.
Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
Leading the way personally:
We believe effective leaders are taking people someplace they are willing to go. We expect that everyone on the staff team at McKinney models a personal commitment to Christ-centeredness on a daily basis. Secondarily, we expect our staff team to champion and support the mission and vision of McKinney personally.
Build relationships with MS and HS students and their parents for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship, with an emphasis on HS students.
- Recruit, train, and coach a team of adult volunteers for the purpose of ministering to students.
- Identify and develop student leaders.
- Cast vision through various forms of communication, including serving as part of SM teaching team.
- Help lead the Youth Team in Long Range planning.
- Collaborate with MS Pastor to continue to develop youth ministry vision.
- Develop and maintain an effective strategy to communicate vision and vital information to the students.
- Develop and maintain an effective strategy to be actively engaged with HS campuses in our community.
Teaching and Preaching
- Be prepared to teach in both MS and HS context.
- Be skilled in both preaching and teaching.
- Help create and oversee the youth ministry budget along with our MS Pastor.
- Engage with SM Team for strategic planning and creation of programmatic strategies and then implementing them to completion.
- Plan and execute events, mission trips, camps, and weekly SM programming.
Help Families Fully Engage in Faith Development
- Engage with parents to help the youth ministry partner effectively with families.
- Help develop and create content for the Everyday Parent App/Website.
Help students Connect with Christ:
- Actively share the gospel with students, and equip and encourage students to do the same.
- Lead an effective follow-up process for helping new students connect with the ministry.
Help students Transform in Community:
- Foster healthy, multiplying youth small groups
- Recruit and coach small group leaders
Help students Engage their World:
- Develop opportunities and equip students to serve both inside and outside the church
- Lead student mission teams in both local and global contexts
- Develop and care for the spiritual lives of those under your leadership.
- Be willing to perform other pastoral care duties as assigned:
- Hospital Visits
- Benevolence visits
- Relationally Gifted
- Strong Leadership
- Self Starter
- Flexible and Available
- Tuned in to cultural trends
- Team Player
- Positive and Optimistic Attitude
- Good Listener
- Maintains Confidentiality
Education and Experience:
Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the new High School Pastor, but the successful candidate is expected to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college and will be able to provide expertise and credibility. Seminary training is a bonus.
The successful candidate will preferably come from a growing church and will have led in a growing student ministry. They will understand the need to maintain personal relationships with students, staff, and volunteers while also having a strategic vision for growing the Student Ministry.
They will display a significant amount of growth potential, and will be balanced in the areas of strategic and relational abilities. They will be able to cast vision and direction as well as lead the way, both as an upfront communicator and as a cultivator of relationships with volunteers and staff.
Resumes should be submitted via email to Nathan Gustafson @ firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
McKinney Memorial Bible Church
At McKinney Church, our desire is to "develop Christ-centered people who make a difference." We believe that happens as they connect with Christ; transform in community; and engage their world.More...