Job Title: Mercy Road Church
Women’s Pastor of Mission and Discipleship
Supervisor Title: Lead Pastor
Primary Responsibilities: Mission and Discipleship
1. Counsel and disciple women of all ages
2. Raise up female leaders in the church who are passionate about Mercy Road’s simple vision of following Jesus up, in, and out through our worship service, discipleship huddles, and outposts.
3. Work with our Family/Discipleship Pastor to expand our outposts and the mission occurring in the church.
4. Work with developing leaders in our existing outposts.
5. Hold quarterly gatherings for women to worship, share community, and pray for each other.
6. Join and lead discipleship huddles for women in the church.
7. Meet with key volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate the worship services, outposts, and huddles.
8. Participate in weekly staff meetings and communicate well with other staff members as a part of a team.
9. Lead Mercy Women as a part of our distinct discipleship process and not a separate program of the church.
Secondary Responsibilities: Connections
1. Oversee and lead volunteer teams on Sunday morning, including being at all Sunday services.
2. Connect with new volunteers and leaders in the church.
3. Teach on Sunday mornings and other venues is also a possibility for the right candidate.
4. Perform weddings and funerals, as well as hospital visitations.
5. Raise up leaders to multiply your efforts.
1. Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
2. Join a discipleship huddle led by either the Family Ministry Pastor or Lead Pastor.
3. Be loyal to the vision and staff of Mercy Road Church and always protect the unity of the church.
4. Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and join God’s movement through Mercy Road Church.
We are a team, modeling community for our church. We’ll celebrate each other’s victories, pray for each other, and treat each other with respect. We’ll do life together.
Professionalism and Excellence
We value each other’s privacy and schedules in the office and in the home. People will know where we are during the day, what time we’ll be in and what time we will leave. We will do the things that matter most first, and not overlook the important for
the urgent. We will do what we say we will do and be on time and prepared for meetings.
We can accomplish more together than we can individually. We are not a federation of sub-ministries and realize that we all have a part in the overall vision of the church. We will communicate with each other and collaborate with each other. We will
respect each other’s roles and positions.
Fun and Authenticate Atmosphere
Ministry is hard, but rewarding. Our team values making our working environments as fun and authenticate as possible. We like to laugh together and cry together. If you’re looking for a place to make ministry a business, you’re in the wrong church! We
lean into drama and are in it for the long haul, not ministry that’s productive in the short-term and burns out our staff and leadership!
We will meet with God every day. We will cheat the ministry and the church before we cheat God and our families. We will work hard so we can honor our days off. We never take our staff hat off and realize that people are always watching.
Retreat and Relax
We will take vacation time and will complete a vacation request for to do so. Everyone needs a break and you’ll commit to resting well, so you can be fully engaged when you are working!
People matter more than programs, buildings and budgets, but not more than principles and purpose. We will get back with people within 24 hours when they call or e-mail us. We will close the loop on communication.