Job Title: Mercy Road Church
NextGen Associate Pastor (Middle School & Worship)
Status: Full-time or Part-time
Supervisor Title: Next Generation Pastor
Primary Responsibilities: Mercy Students (6-8 Grade) & Worship (6-12 Grade)
- Identify, invite, train, and empower leaders to be a part of Mercy Students and a part of the worship ministry within Mercy Students.
- Serve as the primary middle school director/worship director for Mercy Students.
- Act as primary Social Medias manger and strategist for Mercy Students.
- During the week invest in the lives of students building relationships with them in the most effective way possible.
- Schedule, book and follow up with supplemental student and adult worship leaders/sound engineers, and musicians in your absence.
- Oversee the worship and technical aspects of The Summit worship services, including sound, lights, room 7 aesthetics and video through volunteers for both Middle School and High School and in conjunction with the Next Generation Pastor.
- Build a band/worship culture that offers a full band 7 out of 8 Sunday nights a month.
- Invest and raise up student musicians in the most effective way possible.
- Act as the primary organizer of the Huddle (Discipleship) for Middle School.
- Meet with key volunteers and pour into their lives on a regular basis also evaluating the worship services, events, outreach efforts, trips, and Huddles for students in conjunction with the Next Generation Pastor.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and a one-on-one meeting with the Next Generation Pastor. Communicate intentionally with other staff members as a part of a team.
- See Mercy Students as a part of Family Ministry and the greater mission of Mercy Road and work closely with the Next Generation Pastor and Family Ministries Pastor.
Secondary Responsibilities: Young Adults/First Impressions
- Start another Young Adult Outpost (Missional Community) to be investing in the lives of peers and participating in a community on mission for Jesus.
- Connect with young adults throughout the week and invest in their lives.
- Hold integrity standards when working with young members of the opposite sex.
- Oversee the proper use of all of the rooms of the MR Church facility by opening building up on Sunday morning, making sure all rooms are in good condition, cleaned, lights turned on, trash taken out, etc.
1. Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
2. Join a discipleship huddle led by either the Next Generation Pastor, Family Ministry Pastor, or Lead Pastor.
3. Be loyal to the vision and staff of Mercy Road Church and always protect the unity of the church.
4. Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and join God’s movement through Mercy Road Church.
We are a team, modeling community for our church. We’ll celebrate each other’s victories, pray for each other, and treat each other with respect. We’ll do life together.
Professionalism and Excellence
We value each other’s privacy and schedules in the office and in the home. People will know where we are during the day, what time we’ll be in and what time we will leave. We will do the things that matter most first, and not overlook the important for
the urgent. We will do what we say we will do and be on time and prepared for meetings.
We can accomplish more together than we can individually. We are not a federation of sub-ministries and realize that we all have a part in the overall vision of the church. We will communicate with each other and collaborate with each other. We will
respect each other’s roles and positions.
Fun and Authenticate Atmosphere
Ministry is hard, but rewarding. Our team values making our working environments as fun and authenticate as possible. We like to laugh together and cry together. If you’re looking for a place to make ministry a business, you’re in the wrong church! We
lean into drama and are in it for the long haul, not ministry that’s productive in the short-term and burns out our staff and leadership!
We will meet with God every day. We will cheat the ministry and the church before we cheat God and our families. We will work hard so we can honor our days off. We never take our staff hat off and realize that people are always watching.
Retreat and Relax
We will take vacation time and will complete a vacation request for to do so. Everyone needs a break and you’ll commit to resting well, so you can be fully engaged when you are working!
People matter more than programs, buildings and budgets, but not more than principles and purpose. We will get back with people within 24 hours when they call or e-mail us. We will close the loop on communication.