First Presbyterian Church of Plymouth, Michigan
- Coordinates with Communication Administrator in regularly updating church website and social media sites.
- Provides administrative support to staff, committees and congregation.
- Provides backup support in absence of Communication Administrator or Church Business Administrator.
- Produces, manages, and keeps current, databases of members, volunteers and visitors.
- Prepares reports for staff and committees from church databases and web resources.
- Processes letters of transfer.
- Keeps prayer bulletins—both electronic and hard-copy--up to date.
- Supports ministers and Deacons by maintaining full and current information on all pastoral care issues.
- Supports ministers and other staff in research and other information related queries.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of information.
- Publishes e-blasts to members on time-sensitive issues.
Member and Visitor Support:
- Schedules weddings and rehearsals. Sets appointments for minister to approve weddings. Handles payments for weddings. Mails original marriage licenses to proper authorities; records marriages in church records.
- Makes arrangements for organist and greeters for funerals and memorial services. Coordinates funeral home arrangements. Works with bereaved families for luncheon arrangements.
- Books baptismal conferences and maintains baptism calendar. Prepares baptismal certificate, cradle cross and letter.
- Edits, proofreads and publishes worship bulletins, as well as bulletins for special services and programs.
- Designs, edits and publishes church documents and publications.
- Oversees publishing of the congregational directory.
- Produces docket for Session meetings. Compiles and distributes Session packets in conformance with requirements of Presbyterian Church USA.
- Maintains control of keys and key cards providing access to the building.
- Maintains database of building and equipment use policies and procedures.
- Checks sanctuary to assure readiness for Sunday services; supports Worship Committee in hanging appropriate banners and pulpit / lectern hangings for each season.
- Coordinates recycling of all church recyclables with Earth Care Team.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
- Requires current working knowledge of all forms of media communication.
- Requires skills in online research, data entry and storage, information retrieval and reporting, communication editing and documentation, publishing software, and communication apps.
- Requires skills in process improvement.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrates pastoral sensitivity and discretion.
- Prefer Bachelor degree; require HS diploma / GED.
- Prefer knowledge of how a church “works” in serving its members and greater community.