The ministry team at First Congregational Church (FCC) in Parkersburg, Iowa is seeking a Teaching & Missions Pastor to join our growing ministry. Our goal is to work as a team to draw people to Jesus Christ both locally and globally. As we desire to keep our paid staff fresh and passionate, the preaching duties of this position will be shared between our pastors. The position will include preaching up to 35 times a year. Remaining time will be spent engaging with our church family in furthering our missions emphasis, as well as outreach to the community. At FCC, we are prayerfully forward thinking about ways to challenge followers of Christ while engaging the lost community. If you are a motivated team player who strives to take initiative we want to hear from you.
First Congregational Church of Parkersburg, IA
Teaching and Missions Pastor Position:
The candidate must be called by God into ministry, having a servant’s heart and desire to live for Christ in every facet of life. His life should model the Christian characteristics of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:2-4, and Amos 3:3. As well as be blended with a passion for the glory of God as he takes up his cross and follows Jesus daily. He must be a self-starter, able to coordinate schedules, and share the vision of the church along with those in leadership, including the Shepherding Pastor. He should be gifted in leadership and administration. He should be organized, able to delegate, and clearly communicate. The candidate must be a team player who works well with church staff, church members, and is active in the community. Willing to share power and decision making to impact Parkersburg and surrounding areas.
Responsibilities of this position include preaching God’s word from the pulpit while challenging the congregation with life application. This pastor will preach 30-35 times a year and will work with the Shepherding Pastor and other staff members to set up the preaching schedule, message themes and planning. The qualified candidate will be an effective communicator who is able to inspire and challenge people.
Other responsibilities with this position:
Our church has a heart for missions locally and afar. The man for this position must be willing to:
- Oversee and lead the missions program of our church along with the Missions Committee.
- Correspond with our missionaries on a regular basis.
- Schedule and help organize mission opportunities for our church.
- Help organize the annual missions conference.
- Have a heart for missions, serving others, and creating opportunities for members of the congregation.
- Be proactive, detailed in planning, and able to inspire others to go serve.
- Work alongside the Shepherding Pastor to carry out a program for identifying and training potential church leaders in all areas of the church from AWANA, Sunday School Teachers, Youth Leaders, and other positions of authority in the church.
- Provide guidance and be a resource for the lay people of the church who are teaching others.
- Able to collaborate and work with Shepherding Pastor and Kids Ministry Coordinator to identify and reach out to prospective teachers and leaders in the congregation.
- Organize and oversee care teams to welcome and integrate visitors, new believers, and new members.
- Train, encourage, and support the care team leaders.
- Organize and oversee small groups.
- Help find curriculum for small group leaders.
- Help organize and provide serving opportunities for the small group members.
Other Pastoral Duties: ·
The teaching and missions focused pastor will participate in our worship services.
·Visit shut-ins, visitors to the church, and other church members.
·Provide outreach opportunities in the community.
·Conduct weddings and funerals as needed and requested.
·Relate with people and be able to build relationships.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit:
1) Cover Letter
3) Doctrinal Statement
To: First Congregational Church
Attention Search Committee
P.O. Box 100
Parkersburg, IA 50665
Application Deadline: January 31, 2017
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
First Congregational Church
We are a member of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference and the National Association of Evangelicals. As an evangelical church, our main purpose is to introduce people to Jesus Christ, to instruct them in the Christian faith, to help them identify their spiritual gifts, so that they might impact the world. More...