Calvary Bible Church in Kalamazoo, Michigan (calvarybible.org) is looking for our next Children's Ministry Director. This Godly man or woman will be able to demonstrate a pasion and ability to:
- seek out, cultivate, and discover the spiritual gifts of individuals and prayerfully make good matches to teaching assignments.
- ensure teacher preparedness both in the areas of the material and their hearts.
- actively and creatively value teachers as members of the Body assigned by the Lord to minister to children and their families.
- promote an atmosphere of hospitality and lovingkindness.
- effectively manage the timely compilation and delivery of materials to teachers.
- develop and protect a support system for Children’s Ministry workers that meets their expressed needs on a continuing basis.
- develops and refines programs (including Sunday mornings and evenings, Wednesday evening AWANAS, summer and special events) through consistent and productive direction and meetings with each department’s committees.
- support our Youth and Family Pastor's vision for Children's Ministry at Calvary, as well as our Senior Pastor's vision and direction for the whole Body at Calvary.
1. A shepherd’s heart.
2. Previous experience in Christian Education, preferably in Children’s Ministry.
3. Strong verbal and written skills.
4. Effective interpersonal skills in working with volunteers.
5. Ability to plan and organize effectively.
6. Consistent Christ-like character.
7. Willingness to become a member of Calvary Bible Church.
8. Exhibits the qualities of a maturing Christian as described in Titus 2.
This is a vibrant ministry that takes hundreds of volunteers to support. This position is just as much about ministering to the adult volunteers as it is about sharing the Gospel with and caring for Calvary's children.
If interested, please send a resume and letter of interest that includes your personal testimony of salvation as Word document or .PDF file attachments to:
Calvary Bible Church