Youth Ministry Associate
Position Description Last Reviewed: August 2016
The Youth Ministry Associate will provide assistance in the leadership of the youth ministry. We desire our youth ministries associate to be an equipper who is directly involved in the ministry to the youth, and who also equips volunteers who are actively
involved. He will also minister to youth families by partnering with parents to evangelize and disciple their own children.
- Teaching youth
- Overseeing and coordinating the youth basketball ministry
- Mentoring youth and youth leadership teams
- Participating and leading in Youth Ministry events
- Represent the Youth Ministry on leadership teams when assigned or in absence of the Youth Pastor
- Assist in implementing the High Impact Volunteer model (Recruit, Select, Equip, Lead, Develop Leaders).
- Other duties as assigned
Position Type: Full-time
- The Youth Ministry Associate will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill responsibilities. Attempts to schedule as much time as possible at the church during normal business hours, so as to be available to the
body in general.
- On call as necessary for emergencies.
- A Committed Christian with a Vital and Growing Walk – committed to leading a personal lifestyle of study and worship.
- Education – A Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree in Theology/Bible.
- Ministry Experience – Has volunteer church ministry experience.
- A Shepherd’s Heart – A person who recognizes the importance of shepherding those under his care, training and equipping them for more effective service.
- In agreement with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Doctrinal Statement, the Expanded ABF Doctrinal Statement, and a willingness to be licensed and ordained by The Christian and Missionary Alliance.