Date: June 27, 2016
Position Title: Worship and Creative Arts Pastor
Reports To: Lead Pastor
The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor is responsible for the overall weekend worship experience, and special outreach events in regards to the music, staging, lighting, sound, and all other creative genres. The Worship and Creative Arts Pastor will lead the
effort in creating a culture of empowered volunteers who strive for excellence and lead with passion. We seek someone who is able to think “outside the box” in ways that will help continue to help the ministry flourish. This leadership role will be responsible
to recruit, inspire, equip and shepherd individuals to serve as worship and creative arts volunteers for weekend and special outreach programs, events and services.
The goal is to honor God and inspire the congregation with exceptional, Jesus-focused services and programs with creative excellence that provide:
- A dynamic, creative and inspiring environment for those who are far from AND those close to God feel like they
BELONG to the gracespring family
- Opportunities for our artists and congregation to GROW in their relationship with Jesus through encountering the Holy Spirit in worship services.
- Opportunities where the artists and attenders are trained and equipped to
REACH out to those who do not know Jesus or are un-churched
- Recruit, inspire, and equip volunteers to serve as worship and creative arts volunteer ministers for weekend, mid-week, and special/outreach events, programs and services.
- Develop strong working relationships with the pastoral leadership team, executing
- Works in conjunction and in advance with the lead/teaching pastor, worship leader, choir team, drama team, orchestra team, creative director and producer in preparation for weekend services.
- Creates and coordinates worship services and events utilizing out of the box creative ideas and plans that support and enhance the “big idea” for the service/event
- Meet regularly with the production, creative, worship leaders and tech ministry teams for discussion, evaluation and collaboration
- Oversee operational and budgetary processes for Worship and Creative Arts Ministry
- Works closely with the Technical Director to oversee quality control, inventory and purchasing of all band, technical and media equipment
- Stay up to date with changes in technology and develop plans on how to best integrate that technology into our various worship services.
- Gives leadership to stage design for the overall look and feel of the worship center, changing elements out often to enhance “the big idea” for the sermon series, special event, etc.
- Maintains a healthy culture of a collaborative team environment among the various groups of people involved with the worship and creative arts department
- Leads weekly rehearsals in preparation for worship that is marked by excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven worship leadership experience in a 500+ congregation
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred to have a degree in related field of study.
- Gifted vocalist and proficient on guitar
- Proven track record of equipping artists and giving them what they need to thrive (clear direction, advanced communication, musical charts and sheet music)
- Strong ability to lead, mentor and develop the ministry teams
- Proven ability to shepherd people of all ages, personalities and backgrounds
- Strong track record of exceptional creativity in planning services, outreach events etc.
- Must have good organizational skills and the clear ability to delegate well
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written, with Ministry Assistant, Tech Director, Creative Director, Producer, Worship Leaders and volunteers
- Willing, or proficient in Pro Presenter, Planning Center Online, Ableton and Finale.
- Network with colleagues in local churches
- Is proficient or willing to become versed in lighting and sound
Gracespring Staff Qualifications:
- Demonstrates a growing relationship with Christ and a love for God and His people.
- Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit and a commitment to righteousness in all aspects of personal life and ministry.
- Is in agreement with our statement of faith
- Tenacious and resourceful “doer”, think in terms of solutions
- Proven ability to submit to others out of reverence for Christ (Ephesians 5:21)
- Ministry minded, organized and self-motivated
- An active member of gracespring or willing to become one upon being hired
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with excellence
- Drive for excellence and continual improvement in ministry initiatives
- Willing to learn online database (Fellowship One), scheduling system, (Planning Center Online) and task management system (Asana)
- Proficient in Microsoft office, (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Paid vacation
- Professional development account
- Retirement match
- Other benefits as described in the employee manual
- Primary hours – 40-50 a week as needed to effectively lead the ministry.