Associate Pastor/ Director of Youth Ministry
Central Baptist Church Essex Md. 21221
Central Baptist Church is an independent Baptist Church congregation of just under 200 founded in 1952. We are located in eastern Baltimore County in Essex, Maryland. Essex is a water oriented, working class suburb about 30 minutes from downtown Baltimore. Central Baptist is now prayerfully accepting applications for the full time ministry position of Associate Pastor/Director of Youth Ministry. This position is being sought to assist Central Baptist in carrying out the mission of our church to reach our community and make followers of Christ in accordance with the great commission of Matthew 28:19-20.
General Job Description:
The Associate Pastor/Director of Youth Ministry is a full-time ministerial staff member who will lead in ministry development and building relationships among youth and their families. He will focus on spiritual development and discipleship among 5th-12th grade students, fully engaging parents as ministry partners. As a full time church staff member he will also be required to fulfill Associate Pastor duties. This position will serve a primary support to the senior pastor in the areas of outreach, visitation, and pulpit supply.
Responsibilities of Work: Director of Youth Ministry
- Develop and implement effective youth centered programs and activities that promote discipleship and a Christ-centered life.
- Encourage youth in worship, Bible study, prayer and Christian service.
- Develop and implement a calendar of weekly services and ministry activities.
- Foster, promote, and actively participate youth programs that provide spiritual growth and fellowship activities such as mission opportunities, camps, and community services
- Train children and youth in outreach, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Counsel students and parents on issues relating to salvation, their overall spiritual life, social and family relationships, and life choices
- Encourage youth to participate in other church programs; e.g. choir, mission activities, Sunday School, etc.
- Provide recreational and fellowship activities for children and youth
- Evaluate youth program needs; develop and implement strategies to address identified needs in consultation with the Senior Pastor, e.g. space use, equipment, furnishings, policies and procedures, safety, materials, programs, curriculum, methods, etc.
- Ensure adequate adult sponsors/chaperones are present for all youth programs and activities
- Ensure youth leaders and volunteers comply with the Central Baptist Church child protection policy and procedure
- Prepare and submit budget requests for ministry needs.
- Be responsible for expenditures, submission of receipts for expenditures, cash allowances and reconciliations in compliance with Central Baptist Church policy and procedure.
- Provide oversight youth fundraising activities
Responsibilities of Work : Associate Pastor
- Support the overall mission and vision of Central Baptist Church to impact our community and make followers of Christ
- To provide as needed assistance to the senior pastor with church related outreach programs, activities, and community events
- To provide as needed assistance to the senior pastor with church services which are held weekly on Sunday Morning, Sunday Evening, and Wednesday Night.
- Have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and have taken the step of believer’s baptism.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Confirm agreement with the Central Baptist Church Constitution and Essential Articles of Faith
- Possess or be in active pursuit of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, university, or seminary. A seminary degree is preferred
- Demonstrate a sincere passion for working with youth, and their families while affirming God’s calling to serve in these ministries
- Be readily accessible for ministerial responsibilities.
- Pass Criminal Background and Child Protective Services checks
- Possess strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office/PowerPoint any abilities in the area of website design/maintenance would be a plus
- Familiarity with all aspects of modern social media to include Facebook and Instagram
If interested in being considered for the position please email the following to William Burton (Pastoral Search Commitee) at Samntee2@yahoo.com
Pastor Doug Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of introduction detailing your background, education, call to ministry, relationship with Christ, and relevant life experience
- A current resume
- Three references
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministries PastorBraeswood Assembly of God Church
- Houston, Texas
- January 17
Pastor of Student MinistriesThe Orchard Evangelical Free Church
- Arlington Heights , Illinois
- January 17
Director of Student MinistriesJeffrey Calhoun
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- January 17
Youth DirectorGrace at Fort Clake United Methodist Church
- Gainesville, Florida
- January 17
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
Central Baptist Church
Central Baptist Church is an independent Baptist Church in Essex , Maryland. Essex is a working class suburb located 10 miles east of Baltimore Maryland. Central Baptist Church is Christ centered church driven by the great commission of Matthew 28. More...