The role of the Campus Pastor is to oversee the life and direction of their respective Campus under the direction and leadership of the executive staff of our church. This pastor will keep the campus committed to the mission, vision and core values of our
- Assist in pastoral leadership and oversight in church operations and ministry development.
- Share preaching/teaching responsibilities in a collaborative/cooperative preaching rotation.
- Serve as the weekend service host and emcee.
- Lead and manage the staff in cooperation with the main campus.
- Oversee and assist in promotion of ministries related to Bible studies, small groups, classes, and leader development.
- Possess strong mobilization skills for the purpose of recruiting, training and equipping others for ministry.
- Casts vision to reach and serve the surrounding community.
- Be a committed Jesus-follower with a lifestyle and reputation of Christian faithfulness.
- Be in agreement with the Mission, Values and Core Beliefs of our church.
- Feels a strong calling to spiritual formation, development, and mobilizing of Christians.
- Has a high level of self-awareness and is committed to continual relational growth.
- Demonstrates Christ-centered living (1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9), Honesty, confidence, teachability, and humility (Philippians 2:5-7), and Patience and commitment in working with others (James 1:4)
- Strategic Thinking - Creativity in implementing our church’s vision, mission, and values. Proven ability to organize theoretical ideas into actionable and measurable processes. Wise decision making regarding human and financial resources in a constantly
- Communication/Teaching – Theologically sound but highly relevant and relational preaching style. Ability to communicate spiritual truth in compelling and transformative ways to non-Christian guests, new believers, and maturing Christians. Cooperative
and collaborative personality enabling effective teamwork in a preaching rotation.
- Administrative - Professional and capable management, administrative, and leadership skills. Excellent problem solving skills. Word processing, email, and internet proficiency is essential. Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of current church
- Educational/Experiential - Seminary degree required. Church ministry experience, specifically in shepherding, leadership development, and experience working with and leading teams preferred. Exceptional biblical proficiency and teaching/preaching ability.
Pastoral Leadership and Care:
Be available to meet with congregants for biblical encouragement, pastoral counseling, and pastoral care including assisting with weddings, funerals, crisis ministry, and other leadership responsibilities as needed.
Works with the Pastoral Team and is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
Leads and Manages:
Campus Staff, Small Group Leaders and Sunday Volunteers.