Music Director Needed at Covenant Community Church
Covenant Community Church, a congregation of the United Church of Christ, located in Center Point, Alabama, seeks a qualified and dynamic person to serve as part-time Music Director. This is a paid position reporting directly to the Pastor. Covenant is
an open and affirming congregation primarily serving the LGBT community in the Birmingham area since 1980. The church holds Sunday morning services at 10 AM and Wednesday night services at 7 PM. Weekly choir rehearsals are held on Thursday evenings at 7
PM. Job responsibilities include:
- Plans and implements the musical components of worship services, in collaboration with the Senior Pastor.
- Prepares for annual and ongoing choral programs including Easter, Christmas, Fifth Sunday Singings, and other special events as needed throughout the year. Seeks out opportunities for choir performances outside of Covenant, as they are available.
- Creates an engaging, vibrant, cross-genre musical program that appeals to a wide variety of musical tastes, and is inviting for participation by a broad cross section of the church demographics.
- Ability to play piano/keyboard in a variety of genres including gospel, Black gospel, and contemporary Christian is essential. Background and formal education in music are desirable.
- A high degree of professionalism as well as excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are essential for this position. Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with Senior Pastor, paid musicians and media team, as well as other
music ministry stakeholders is necessary for success in this role.
For consideration, please send letter of interest and résumé to the Reverend J.R. Finney, II, Senior Pastor, Covenant Community Church, 2205 3rd Street NE, Center Point, AL 35215. Application materials may also be sent via email to email@example.com.