Job Description – Pastor for Student Ministries
Middle School, High School and College/Young Adults
Weems Creek Baptist Church, Annapolis, MD
- Live up to God’s call as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Assist the Pastor/Deacons in the shepherding aspect of Pastoral ministry.
- Model Christian giving by practicing tithing as the minimum standard of Christian giving.
- Be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Be a leader by example in evangelism.
- Be committed to a spiritual/professional growth plan.
Characteristics of the Man We Seek
- Personable – comfortable with people and good at relationships.
- Catalytic – one who initiates and energizes … is able to connect with the congregation in worship, communicate a clear vision, celebrate
God moments with the church, etc.
- Professional/competent – experience on church staff is preferred.
- Creative – this is a definite plus. Odd may be good – ha! Out-of-the-box thinker who can problem solve and move beyond the critique to be constructive.
Student Ministry Responsibilities (Middle School and High School)
- Ministry is about people and relationships. Engage youth personally and build relationships that facilitate meaningful ministry with them and their families.
- Cast the vision, create the culture, and help build a dynamic, Christ-honoring, disciple-making student ministry.
- Enlist and equip the Student Ministry Team. Serve as Team Leader.
- Enlist and equip other student ministry leaders for Sunday School, Wednesday night, outreach projects, missions trips, community service, fun & fellowship activities, etc.
- Equip parents to disciple their students at home and in everyday life. Help parents start spiritual conversations with their children.
- Lead the Student Ministry Team to prepare annual budget recommendations to the Finance Committee.
- Cast the vision, create the culture, and help build a dynamic, Christ-honoring, disciple-making collegiate ministry.
- Enlist and equip a College Ministry Team. Serve as Team Leader.
- Enlist and equip other college/young adult volunteers as needed.
- Be an active presence for ministry and witness at Anne Arundel Community College.
- Lead an effective Bible study for college students each Sunday morning.
- Lead the College Ministry Team to prepare annual budget recommendations to the Finance Committee.