Job Description – Pastor for Student Ministries
Middle School, High School and College/Young Adults
Weems Creek Baptist Church, Annapolis, MD
- Live up to God’s call as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Assist the Pastor/Deacons in the shepherding aspect of Pastoral ministry.
- Model Christian giving by practicing tithing as the minimum standard of Christian giving.
- Be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Be a leader by example in evangelism.
- Be committed to a spiritual/professional growth plan.
Characteristics of the Man We Seek
- Personable – comfortable with people and good at relationships.
- Catalytic – one who initiates and energizes … is able to connect with the congregation in worship, communicate a clear vision, celebrate God moments with the church, etc.
- Professional/competent – experience on church staff is preferred.
- Creative – this is a definite plus. Odd may be good – ha! Out-of-the-box thinker who can problem solve and move beyond the critique to be constructive.
Student Ministry Responsibilities (Middle School and High School)
- Ministry is about people and relationships. Engage youth personally and build relationships that facilitate meaningful ministry with them and their families.
- Cast the vision, create the culture, and help build a dynamic, Christ-honoring, disciple-making student ministry.
- Enlist and equip the Student Ministry Team. Serve as Team Leader.
- Enlist and equip other student ministry leaders for Sunday School, Wednesday night, outreach projects, missions trips, community service, fun & fellowship activities, etc.
- Equip parents to disciple their students at home and in everyday life. Help parents start spiritual conversations with their children.
- Lead the Student Ministry Team to prepare annual budget recommendations to the Finance Committee.
- Cast the vision, create the culture, and help build a dynamic, Christ-honoring, disciple-making collegiate ministry.
- Enlist and equip a College Ministry Team. Serve as Team Leader.
- Enlist and equip other college/young adult volunteers as needed.
- Be an active presence for ministry and witness at Anne Arundel Community College.
- Lead an effective Bible study for college students each Sunday morning.
- Lead the College Ministry Team to prepare annual budget recommendations to the Finance Committee.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
Youth Director/PastorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1