Title: Lead Pastor
Qualifications:The qualifications for Pastor will be as found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. He will exhibit the spiritual gift of the pastor/teacher. He will hold to the Evangelical
Free Church of America (“EFCA”) Doctrinal Statement of Faith without reservation. He must
be ordained by or actively pursuing ordination with the Evangelical Free Church of America. Education: a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Pastoral Ministry or its equivalent is required. A minimum of 5 years of full time pastoral/ministry experience with
a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing a multiple staff environment.
Function: To serve the Lord through preaching, providing leadership and oversight to the staff team who together along with the elders leads and guides the church toward our God given
vision and mission.
Schedule: Full-time (45-50 hrs. / Week)
Staffing Relationships: We desire to have a staff that is REAL (Reliant on God ~
Emptied of self ~ Authentic relationships ~
Light of the world). It is essential that the staff work well together and work hand in hand with the Leadership Team of LCC. The staff relationships must be one of mutual loyalty, support and encouragement.
A growing and healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ; value personal spiritual growth and be willing to be held accountable; teachable; able to develop and lead a vibrant well-balanced over-all ministry; not easily overwhelmed; humble; able to think,
move and act quickly in an ever changing environment; maintain confidentiality; able to organize and execute tasks in a timely manner; flexible and good at dealing with change; committed to doing what it takes to get the job done; dependable and good at follow
through; able to follow instructions to get the job done; dependable and good at follow through; able to follow instructions
Personal Responsibilities –
- Daily prayer and study of God’s Word for the desire of personal intimacy with the Father.
- A healthy and growing relationship with your wife.
- A personal commitment to Godliness.
- A personal commitment to Get REAL.
- Must be personally committed to the vision / mission / purposes and direction of LCC.
- Must be committed to and demonstrate loyalty toward the other members of the Elder Board and Pastoral Staff.
- Must financially support LCC first and foremost with a biblical sacrificial tithe.
- Must sign and adhere to the membership/ministry covenant.
Corporate Responsibilities – Eph. 4:11-16
- Help people Get REAL
- Focus attention on the Ministry Means – The Senior Pastor is responsible for
determining and implementing the methods (strategy) that accomplish the church’s mission, vision and purposes.
- Cast the Vision and Direction.
- Lead the church toward a healthy ministry balance (outreach, growth, ministry training and community).
- Provide spiritual care and oversight to the church body.
- Preach and teach the Bible, while protecting it from false teaching.
- Guide and disciple the church leadership.
- Assist in establishing and carrying out annual key result areas.
- Provide direction and oversight in the process of pursuing the Mission, Vision and Purposes.
- Provide assistance in the annual budgeting process particularly in the area of staffing.
- Provide oversight and daily supervision to all paid and volunteer staff.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for staff development.
- Administer annual reviews for all paid staff.
- Develop job descriptions for new or potential staff positions and recommend changes to current position descriptions.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the church office and business affairs.
- Act as a voting member of the Elder Board and an ex-officio member of all other boards, ministry teams, task forces, or committees.
Accountable to: The Elder Board